disney break ca vehicle codes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: disney break ca vehicle codes

Post by delsdad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 am

hobie16 wrote:Gotta disagree. Make sure the Gay Day attendees were made aware of the significance of the blue bandanas and then step back. Possibly a Kodak moment.
I was just about to type the same response when I read Hobies. I work with a "Bear", and he got a real laugh out of that post!

For those of us who were in the dark about the bandanas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:15 pm

delsdad wrote:I was just about to type the same response when I read Hobies. I work with a "Bear", and he got a real laugh out of that post!

For those of us who were in the dark about the bandanas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code
Haha, I didn't even know about this. And here I was color-matching to get away from the gang-member stereotype LOL.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:29 pm

delsdad wrote:I was just about to type the same response when I read Hobies. I work with a "Bear", and he got a real laugh out of that post!

LOL Learn something new every day.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:LOL Learn something new every day.
I may have known there was a hanky code like that for some time, but I never knew it was that complex.

If you're under 13 and perusing our site without our or your parents' permission, I hope your eyes have sufficiently popped out of your head and that you will wait to come back until... well, insert some innuendo here.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I may have known there was a hanky code like that for some time, but I never knew it was that complex.

If you're under 13 and perusing our site without our or your parents' permission, I hope your eyes have sufficiently popped out of your head and that you will wait to come back until... well, insert some innuendo here.
I had NO Idea!!!!!! :eek:
Back in the 80's, I just thought they were cute accessories sold at Miller's Outpost :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Those colors should have been submitted as candidates for the new monorail paint job. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:40 pm

hobie16 wrote:Those colors should have been submitted as candidates for the new monorail paint job. :D:
I would like to point out that peach is indeed on the list. ;)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:58 am

hobie16 wrote:Those colors should have been submitted as candidates for the new monorail paint job. :D:
Lasolimu wrote:I would like to point out that peach is indeed on the list. ;)
Coincidence? You be the judge.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Concerning the "red bandanna" thing:

Now, if the bandannas were specifically chosen as a symbol of "Gay Day", then while I might not approve of the action, I can understand how certain people would feel it would be wrong to wear it, if only because it would be hypocritical for them to do so. However, if the bandannas are a standard part of the costume, worn more or less every day, and is pretty much always red, then I think they have less cause to say they won't wear it that one day.

I also think those teens who immediately equate someone wearing something of a particular color with a gang affiliation..well, that's just sad.

Now, more to the topic at hand: At this point, I think it is safe to say that, even if Disney's vehicles would be normally considered in violation of certain laws, it seems likely that some arrangement has been made that allows them to continue. However, if the OP is still very concerned about Disney being a scoff-law, perhaps he should take it up with the local police, or even the local media. At the very least, he could address this matter to Disney themselves and see if they have a logical reason for these apparent code violations.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Say...whatever happened to that lady of Arab decent that refused to wear the costume in the restaurant she was working. Something about head cover, I think.

I know that is a pretty vague question, but I don't remember the details, just some of the peripherals.

That kind of disappeared from sight. Anyone know?

:goofy: :goofy: