SGT's - Disneyland and DCA style...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: SGT's - Disneyland and DCA style...

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:But no where near as cool... :cool:
Kman doesn't need shades to be cool. He was born cool & just gets better. :cool: He is almost as cool as Ernie.....almost. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Kman doesn't need shades to be cool. He was born cool & just gets better. :cool: He is almost as cool as Ernie.....almost. ;)
Therefore, Ernie must wear Cool Dude Sunglasses. :cool:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:14 pm

hobie16 wrote:In the short term yes. Long term, the sun can wreck your eyes. I met a long time sailor who had been having eye problems. The doc told him he had fried his eyes from constant exposure. He now never goes outside without his shades on.

What's interesting is clear glasses do an okay job of blocking UVA and UVB. Obviously, the darker the lenses, the better the protection.
I would wear sunglasses, but when I inquired about the price of getting my old lenses fitted with sunglasses, the CFO went :eek: and said I can wait. I don't go out much, I need to keep my geeky whiteness ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 am

ktulu wrote: I don't go out much
WHAT?? :confused: Ya right. You are always on Yelp @ some fancy taco place. :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 am

ktulu wrote: I don't go out much, I need to keep my geeky whiteness ;)
Some of us perfer to think of it as magnolia white, Scarlett O'Hara skin, and we are just SURE that it will come back into fashion some day.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 am

Main Streeter wrote:WHAT?? :confused: Ya right. You are always on Yelp @ some fancy taco place. :D:
Some taco places make me yelp.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am

Main Streeter wrote:WHAT?? :confused: Ya right. You are always on Yelp @ some fancy taco place. :D:
Oh, these places aren't fancy...
GaTechGal wrote:Some of us perfer to think of it as magnolia white, Scarlett O'Hara skin, and we are just SURE that it will come back into fashion some day.
Call it what you will...it is geeky whiteness. I blind people if I take my shirt off outside! People use the rays reflecting off of me to get a tan.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 am

ktulu wrote:Oh, these places aren't fancy...

Best Taco places are never fancy! We have approx 3 taco trucks in our 2-block-long Downtown,not to mention about 3 or 4 more restaurants who sell them.....wonder why I am so round..... :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:40 am

ktulu wrote:I would wear sunglasses, but when I inquired about the price of getting my old lenses fitted with sunglasses, the CFO went :eek: and said I can wait. I don't go out much, I need to keep my geeky whiteness ;)
I get those fifteen buck sunglasses that wrap around regular glasses and offer shade to the sides. And I wear a hat. A LARGE hat. I also avoid the outside (mostly I need the sunglasses for driving) and, when I can't avoid the outside, stick to the shade whenever possible. I call it geeky whiteness, but hubby says I'm a vampire. ;)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 am

DisneyMom wrote:Best Taco places are never fancy! We have approx 3 taco trucks in our 2-block-long Downtown,not to mention about 3 or 4 more restaurants who sell them.....wonder why I am so round..... :o:
My favorite taco place is in a gas station near downtown Dallas. It was rated the number one taco in Texas. Otherwise we end up at Fuzzy's.
shilohmm wrote:I get those fifteen buck sunglasses that wrap around regular glasses and offer shade to the sides. And I wear a hat. A LARGE hat. I also avoid the outside (mostly I need the sunglasses for driving) and, when I can't avoid the outside, stick to the shade whenever possible. I call it geeky whiteness, but hubby says I'm a vampire. ;)
My almost 70 year old step-dad does the same thing. I have some sun glasses that I do wear from time to time, but they don't have prescription lenses. I'm not blind without my glasses, but I do prefer to see clearly. I'd wear a hat, but I am afraid to mess up my hair. It can get unruly at times.