WDW CM in DLR

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

WDW CM in DLR

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Im heading over to California next week. I hadnt planned on going to DLR but I just really changed my mind. Does anyway know if WDW CMs can get into DLR anytime like I can here? Also would my Maingate work over there?

I really want to check out DCA since I have never been. I am dying to see World of Color and relive some childhood memmories and eat at Blue Bayou in DL. I would love to hear from people who maybe know both WDW and DLR and see if there is anything I shouldnt miss at DLR. I havnt been to DL since 1997.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: WDW CM in DLR

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Does anyway know if WDW CMs can get into DLR anytime like I can here? Also would my Maingate work over there?
Last time I visited, I *had* to use my Maingate (and one of my family days) for entrance. I also had to go to a Guest Relations window (just east of DCA entrance) first.
I would love to hear from people who maybe know both WDW and DLR and see if there is anything I shouldnt miss at DLR.
That could be quite a list. Off the top of my head, DL has:

Alice in Wonderland
Autopia (better version)
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Enchanted Tiki Room (second version)
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
it's a small world (better version)
Main Street Cinema (I think)
Matterhorn
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pinocchio's Scary Adventure
Pirates of the Caribbean (better version)
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Sleeping Beauty's Story
Snow White Fountain
Storybookland Canal Boats
Tarzan's Treehouse
Toontown (different from Toontown Fair)

(Y'all let me know what I missed.)

DCA has a bunch too, but I don't know the *current* status of that park well enough to list them.

As to which you "shouldn't miss", that depends more on your own taste than mine.

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Zazu wrote:I also had to go to a Guest Relations window (just east of DCA entrance) first.
Temporarily, because of construction, it's Kiosk #8 located on the East side, closest to the DCA front gates.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Also for the time being DCA is now known as "Disney's Construction Apocalypse" but that'll change next year. :p:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:04 am

hobie16 wrote: Kiosk #8 located on the East side, closest to the DCA front gates.

hobie, Kman & I just picked up passes @ kiosk 8 last Tues. a.m. Mention this to Mrs. Oh Dean & party. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am

Zazu wrote:Last time I visited, I *had* to use my Maingate (and one of my family days) for entrance. I also had to go to a Guest Relations window (just east of DCA entrance) first.
When was the last time you visited? When BW, hhsrat and I visited a little over two years ago while we did have to use our Maingates but it didn't count against the entries nor did we have to go to the GR window first, we were able to head straight for the turnstiles.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Was about to start a new thread but saw this one.

Is it possible to see World of Color and F! in one night? My family is hitting DL for the first time ever but we've done WDW a million times. Additionally per my former, we actually have to pay for tickets (the horror!) so we'd like to do a 1 day hopper and hit the highlights. We're going the 8th or 9th of August, so I have no idea if we are crazy or not.

Kurt

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 pm

It might be a little hard but it's possible. I've done it myself. Saw the first show of Fantasmic and my World of Color Fastpasses were for the 2nd show, so right after F! I headed over to DCA and got in line for WoC. Waiting and waiting.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Freak wrote:It might be a little hard but it's possible. I've done it myself. Saw the first show of Fantasmic and my World of Color Fastpasses were for the 2nd show, so right after F! I headed over to DCA and got in line for WoC. Waiting and waiting.
Which WoC should be FPed if there are two showings of both it and F!? The first one or the second one?

Kurt

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Was about to start a new thread but saw this one.

Is it possible to see World of Color and F! in one night? My family is hitting DL for the first time ever but we've done WDW a million times. Additionally per my former, we actually have to pay for tickets (the horror!) so we'd like to do a 1 day hopper and hit the highlights. We're going the 8th or 9th of August, so I have no idea if we are crazy or not.
Totally possible, we did this back in Jan. Helped to have a CM as your guide ;) We actually got to sit during F!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."