Drinks SGT Style...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Drinks SGT Style...

Post by delsdad » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:43 am

Freak wrote:And then they could add FastPass to it too. :p:
:fastpass2 : + :flush: = :moneybag:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Don't forget Holiday World in Santa Claus Indiana where all drinks all day are free. :D:
delsdad wrote:But the bathrooms cost 4$ a visit ??
WEDFan wrote:Now, that's REALLY a "don't give Disney any ideas" sort of thing.
Yeah, but just imagine how lush the landscaping would be!

Zazu

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:40 pm

You know, this talk of mixing FastPass and bathrooms got me thinking of a new idea: The Bathroom Pass.

This would be for parents of small children. They get in line and, say, halfway to the attraction they see their child doing the "Gotta Go" dance. Normally, they have the choice of ether getting out of line now and getting to the restroom, or getting out of line a little later to deal with the results of not getting out of line earlier. However, with The Bathroom Pass, the parent flags down a CM and lets them know they need to use the potty. The CM issues a Bathroom Pass to the parent, allowing them to get out of line to go to the restroom. The pass gives the time the parent stepped out of line, and an approximation of how much longer they would have had to wait. When they return, they are placed in a separate line and, when the time on the Bathroom Pass comes around, they are allowed to board. However, the guest has to return directly to the attraction within a reasonable amount of time to wait their turn, unlike a FastPass which would allow them to go use other attractions.

I know, probably would cause more headaches than it solves, but at first glance it seems like a good idea...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:51 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:You know, this talk of mixing FastPass and bathrooms got me thinking of a new idea: The Bathroom Pass.

This would be for parents of small children. They get in line and, say, halfway to the attraction they see their child doing the "Gotta Go" dance. ... with The Bathroom Pass, the parent flags down a CM ... The CM issues a Bathroom Pass to the parent, allowing them to get out of line to go to the restroom. The pass gives the time the parent stepped out of line, and an approximation of how much longer they would have had to wait. When they return, they are placed in a separate line and, when the time on the Bathroom Pass comes around, they are allowed to board.
Naw, if a parent takes their kid out of the queue for a restroom break and I know about it, I'll let 'em back in with no wait. I'm just happy they don't let the kid go in the bushes or the middle of the queue!

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Freak wrote:And then they could add FastPass to it too. :p:
<shudder> I'd hate to think about if I was early to my return time! "Sorry, sir, but..."

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

GaTechGal wrote:How do those chipped cups work?
RFID in the bottom of the cups. RFID is now pennies per instance, and at checkout the cups are read and their numbers activated in a database for the proper time period.

Kurt