Why In The World Would You Go Into A Fireworks Fallout Area?!?!?!?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Why In The World Would You Go Into A Fireworks Fallout Area?!?!?!?

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 am

This has to win some sort of SG award or something. In all my years of working and playing at DL, I have NEVER EVER witness anything like what I witness tonight. I, and many CMs, came to witness two teenage SGs ducking under the rope in a closed off Fantasyland area.......................... DURING FIREWORKS.................... LIVE FIREWORKS!!! Luckily, the pur horror and screaming of my fellow friend saw this, which alerted several CMs to go chasing after them to kick them out. Why in their right mind would they do into a very, and potential dangerous area with REAL LIVE FIREWORKS GOING OFF!!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Why In The World Would You Go Into A Fireworks Fallout Area?!?!?!?

Post by techie-13 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 am

Hubby and I are in the fallout zone in most of the Fireworks shows we work. BUT we are dressed for it and we are there to keep people such as these guests out. Practically every show we do is set up in an area that has caution tape around it and the crew has to constantly watch for people coming into the area.
One show a guy crossed under the caution tape and when told to get out of the area, he said, "What's your problem? I'm using caution." One of the biggest shows that we do is the Fourth of July. It gets set up in the middle of some baseball fields. In the last couple of years, we've had to chase off whole families. They try to come out to see the set up with the excuse of "we just want to teach the kids about fireworks."
Many people get a kick out of doing things that they are told not to. And they don't think about safety when they do it. By running into the area during the show, the safety team would have also enter the area to grab them. This could mean stopping the show if they got too close or possible injury if something comes down on them. Liability lawyers love this stuff. If someone gets hurt then the resulting lawsuit could permanently shut down the show. The real reason, fireworks cost so much is the permits and insurance required to do the show.

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 am

That sounds like an awesome job!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:51 am

Being the pyro or the lawyer? :p:

Personally, this is another place where, once the crew is out, I say let Darwin have his way. Except with the kids.

Disney is kinda fun. If you get to where the pyro techs are, they actually tackle you. I would both love and hate to see that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Disney is kinda fun. If you get to where the pyro techs are, they actually tackle you. I would both love and hate to see that.
I agree!!!
I don't work for Disney but I would love to be part of their pyro crew even if it was only for one night.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:14 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Personally, this is another place where, once the crew is out, I say let Darwin have his way. Except with the kids.
The human race would be much better if Darwinism ruled.

No exceptions, not even kids! There's a reason why loud, obnoxious offspring get eaten in the wild.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 pm

The exception to that rule would be animals that are stupid because of their owners. Like the dog across the street. I am about to put it up for adoption on Facebook as free to a loving home that will pay attention to their pets. Two beautiful cocker spaniels who stay in their back yard all day while people are home. This morning, while I was mowing the lawn, I watched one of them dig out under the fence, so it could have a spot in the shade. Meanwhile, when it gets out and I am out working doing something quiet, the dog will come and get about five feet away and just watch me, until I notice it and turn, and it bolts. So this dog has a complete fear of humans (other than its owners), but has not had any attention from the owners and cries for that attention all day long.

And I listen to these dogs bark for hours on end every day.

Given a chance, Darwin would eradicate these dogs. Not their fault, but the owners. For the dogs, I would like to have an alternate option.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 am

But if Darwinism had its way, domestication (stupification) of animals wouldn't happen in the first place.

However, post-domestication-speaking, yeah, have pity for the stupefied animals that really didn't have a choice.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:33 am

Big Wallaby wrote:The exception to that rule would be animals that are stupid because of their owners. Like the dog across the street. I am about to put it up for adoption on Facebook as free to a loving home that will pay attention to their pets. Two beautiful cocker spaniels who stay in their back yard all day while people are home. This morning, while I was mowing the lawn, I watched one of them dig out under the fence, so it could have a spot in the shade. Meanwhile, when it gets out and I am out working doing something quiet, the dog will come and get about five feet away and just watch me, until I notice it and turn, and it bolts. So this dog has a complete fear of humans (other than its owners), but has not had any attention from the owners and cries for that attention all day long.

And I listen to these dogs bark for hours on end every day.

Given a chance, Darwin would eradicate these dogs. Not their fault, but the owners. For the dogs, I would like to have an alternate option.
Wont the SPCA step in on this one ? Up here, if someone did that (No shade, No water) the animal would be removed by SPCA, and the owners arrested by police for animal cruelty !

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 pm

delsdad wrote:Wont the SPCA step in on this one ? Up here, if someone did that (No shade, No water) the animal would be removed by SPCA, and the owners arrested by police for animal cruelty !
delsdad is right,call your local animal control. They'll put an end to that BS in a heart beat.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.