Why In The World Would You Go Into A Fireworks Fallout Area?!?!?!?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Why In The World Would You Go Into A Fireworks Fallout Area?!?!?!?

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:12 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote: Why in their right mind would they do into a very, and potential dangerous area with REAL LIVE FIREWORKS GOING OFF!!!!
To get their hat they lost obviously.... Ooops, wrong park, not mention not a ride.

Because they are special. :D:

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 pm

teddykeiko86 wrote:to get their hat they lost obviously.... Ooops, wrong park, not mention not a ride.

Because they are special. :d:
+1 !!!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:49 am

I would guess that the SG were getting cold and they wanted to get warmed up?

Folks, that rope is there for a reason. The roman fire balls can come down in chunks and be on fire.

One year at my step sister's house in Buena Park, there was this family who had illegal fire works. They launched a big fire cracker and it did not explode as they wanted it. They flaming chunk landed on their roof and burned down the house. So, if you see that rope, stay back or you will be a roasted SG! :D:

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:37 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Being the pyro or the lawyer? :p:

Personally, this is another place where, once the crew is out, I say let Darwin have his way. Except with the kids.

Disney is kinda fun. If you get to where the pyro techs are, they actually tackle you. I would both love and hate to see that.
Hey...I have a great flying tackle! :D:

mapo

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:08 pm

techie-13 wrote:Hubby and I are in the fallout zone in most of the Fireworks shows we work. BUT we are dressed for it and we are there to keep people such as these guests out. Practically every show we do is set up in an area that has caution tape around it and the crew has to constantly watch for people coming into the area.
One show a guy crossed under the caution tape and when told to get out of the area, he said, "What's your problem? I'm using caution." One of the biggest shows that we do is the Fourth of July. It gets set up in the middle of some baseball fields. In the last couple of years, we've had to chase off whole families. They try to come out to see the set up with the excuse of "we just want to teach the kids about fireworks."
Many people get a kick out of doing things that they are told not to. And they don't think about safety when they do it. By running into the area during the show, the safety team would have also enter the area to grab them. This could mean stopping the show if they got too close or possible injury if something comes down on them. Liability lawyers love this stuff. If someone gets hurt then the resulting lawsuit could permanently shut down the show. The real reason, fireworks cost so much is the permits and insurance required to do the show.
I wonder what that guy thought the word "caution" meant? As for the liability lawyers, sometimes you have to wonder if that's who sends them out there in the first place.

jerlove
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by jerlove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm

A couple of years back during wishes the family and I were about to get in line for Pooh (the ride not the restroom) :D: and a fair sized fire ball landed just next to us thankfully missing everyone around.

This is far out side of the fall out zone and by the look of amazment on the CM's face not normal. But if that is what is falling that far away I could only imagine what it must be like in the actuall fall out zone.

:buzz:

jerlove
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by jerlove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Sorry just noticed this was the Disneyland Fourm. I should mention I was at WDW.

:buzz: