What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

ktulu wrote:I would laugh my ass off if I got a map of DL while at WDW, or vice versa.
knitster wrote:That was my thought, exactly!
Perhaps you two would, but I believe you can see my point that there would probably be a number of guests who, if they got the wrong map at a park, would see this as, at the very least, quite a foul-up on the part of Disney, and at worst, SGs would be making trouble for CMs ether because they refuse to believe it is the wrong map, or that because they got the wrong map (say it with me now), "Our vacation is ruined!".

Admittedly, it isn't a terrible idea for a practical joke, but I just don't think it is a particularly good one, as it causes trouble for innocent employees just trying to do their jobs.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:24 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Perhaps you two would, but I believe you can see my point that there would probably be a number of guests who, if they got the wrong map at a park, would see this as, at the very least, quite a foul-up on the part of Disney, and at worst, SGs would be making trouble for CMs ether because they refuse to believe it is the wrong map, or that because they got the wrong map (say it with me now), "Our vacation is ruined!".

Admittedly, it isn't a terrible idea for a practical joke, but I just don't think it is a particularly good one, as it causes trouble for innocent employees just trying to do their jobs.
No, if someone went off the deep end after finding the wrong map on the wrong coast, they would be classified as a SG.

I like this practical joke! I'm giving it the official stamp of approval from ktulu!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:36 pm

ktulu wrote:No, if someone went off the deep end after finding the wrong map on the wrong coast, they would be classified as a SG.

I like this practical joke! I'm giving it the official stamp of approval from ktulu!
I'd like to see what the official ktulu stamp of approval looks like.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:00 pm

BRWombat wrote:I'd like to see what the official ktulu stamp of approval looks like.
I think it has a picture of an airplane flying upside down....

Zazu

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:09 pm

BRWombat wrote:I'd like to see what the official ktulu stamp of approval looks like.
My guess, the stamp has to include the word "Honest" with a pix of a churro. :D: Oh yes, & posted marked from Yelp. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:And, on a side note, are there actual maps of DTD at DLR, and where can they be found?
We have a directory like the ones you'd see in a mall, but not an actual paper map.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am

Yeah?
Zazu wrote:I think it has a picture of an airplane flying upside down....
Yeah?
Main Streeter wrote:My guess, the stamp has to include the word "Honest" with a pix of a churro. :D: Oh yes, & posted marked from Yelp. ;)
Yeah?

Keep the ideas coming...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 pm

ktulu wrote:No, if someone went off the deep end after finding the wrong map on the wrong coast, they would be classified as a SG.
You miss my point. First, even if the customer doesn't get upset, they still may assume that the wrong map wasn't place there as a joke, and assume it was done by mistake and consider it a sign of sloppiness on the part of the park employees, and not that it was the work of a mischievous park-goer to have a few laughs. If an SG gets a hold of one, then it causes a headache for whatever CM has to deal with said SG, not to mention having to go and correct the "problem" caused by the practical joker, which may mean having to go through each and every stack of maps in the park. I'm pretty sure said CM would not see the humor in that.
ktulu wrote: I like this practical joke! I'm giving it the official stamp of approval from ktulu!
I give this practical joke 2 out of 5. While it does have some potential, I would say it lacks a certain flair, and may cause undue trouble for not just the target, but for those who have to "clean up" afterward.

justafigment84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by justafigment84 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 pm

When I was working at the World of Disney here in FL I can't count how many times I found a DL t-shirt (and no it wasn't one of the generic ones, it said EST 1955) while cleaning at night and I all could think was, I wonder how many people bought this and didn't even know. And it made me giggle as I pulled the rest off of the floor to get sent to the correct coast.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 pm

ktulu wrote:Yeah?

Keep the ideas coming...
A bucket with 33 wish? :club33: Or maybe stamp with 2 beautiful smiling little blondes?

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]