What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Zazu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Well a couple of years ago I placed some Magic Kingdom maps in English, Spanish and Japanese in the multilingual map rack outside City Hall in Disneyland. I did not stay around to see the results, but they may have been interesting. I may do it again next month.
I don't mind deliberate evil, when it has a purpose, but that qualifies as random evil in my book.

I think instead that I'll bring back some Disneyland maps and pass them out to entirely deserving Passholes here at WDW.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 am

Zazu wrote:I think instead that I'll bring back some Disneyland maps and pass them out to entirely deserving Passholes here at WDW.
Be careful. You don't want to do it as a punishment, only to have them immediately realize and think it's a gift.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't know about the whole "hand out the map to the wrong park" thing...

It is one thing to give a SG insta-karma by doing exactly what they ask. In this case, if one is at the Magic Kingdom, yet insists that you give them a map of Disneyland even after you attempt to explain that is a totally different park, then sure, go ahead and give them the Disneyland park. The punishment fits the crime.

However, giving someone the wrong map because they were unpleasant regarding an unrelated matter, that just seems to be make a total of two wrongs: One by the SG, one by the CM. Doing it completely at random just to cause chaos? Then you would be the SG (and if you are a CM deliberately doing it, I don't see you as having much of a future, job-wise).

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:05 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:It is one thing to give a SG insta-karma by doing exactly what they ask. In this case, if one is at the Magic Kingdom, yet insists that you give them a map of Disneyland even after you attempt to explain that is a totally different park, then sure, go ahead and give them the Disneyland park. The punishment fits the crime.

However, giving someone the wrong map because they were unpleasant regarding an unrelated matter, that just seems to be make a total of two wrongs....
Good point. I'll save those for them as ask for 'em. :D:

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Zazu wrote:Good point. I'll save those for them as ask for 'em. :D:
Could you pick up several copies for me? I could make interesting use of them at my post when I pick up shifts. :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Perhaps a coast to coast swap of Downtown Disney maps might really raise the fun quotient.....

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am

Zazu wrote:I don't mind deliberate evil, when it has a purpose, but that qualifies as random evil in my book.

I think instead that I'll bring back some Disneyland maps and pass them out to entirely deserving Passholes here at WDW.
It is not intended as true evil.

It is a classic practical joke. It does not cause any physical harm. It is not intended to hurt any specific person. And, most important, you do not hang around to see the consequences but just imagine what shall have had happened (or read about it in the local newspaper).

And, on a side note, are there actual maps of DTD at DLR, and where can they be found?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:It is not intended as true evil.

It is a classic practical joke. It does not cause any physical harm. It is not intended to hurt any specific person. And, most important, you do not hang around to see the consequences but just imagine what shall have had happened (or read about it in the local newspaper).

And, on a side note, are there actual maps of DTD at DLR, and where can they be found?
Actually, I would consider this a bad practical joke. True, no one and no property actually gets harmed. However, in my mind, a good practical joke is one where the victim might just laugh when they figure out they've been had, as well as any elements used in the joke can be removed with some ease. In this case, I just see it causing headaches for both random guests and for the cast members who will have to try and undo the "joke", not to mention having to try and explain how the wrong maps got there.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

I would laugh my ass off if I got a map of DL while at WDW, or vice versa.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

ktulu wrote:I would laugh my ass off if I got a map of DL while at WDW, or vice versa.
That was my thought, exactly!

[font="Century Gothic"]amanda wife to kevin mom to caedmon 10, presley 5, and hendrix 1[/font]