What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 pm

I remember there was a Japanese Village and Deer Park in southern Orange County (CA), but it closed sometime in the 70s due to a tuberculousis outbreak in the deer. I once visited Lion Country Safari, also now gone; since their main attraction, Frasier the Sensuous Lion died, people weren't all that interested. I remember the zebra-striped Jeeps running through town when it was open.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I about had a coronary when I got my bar bill at UVA bar back in 07. :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:32 am

The gator place if I remember correctly was on Beach Blvd. :)

TeeVeeTD
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TeeVeeTD » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 pm

The Japanese Deer Park abutted I5 at the LA/OC county line. :D:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 pm

My favorite KBF ride that no longer exists was Soap Box Racers. Was that replaced with motorcycles later? I believe it stood where Xcelerator now stands.

Went to KBF last Friday. I get so frustrated with their inefficiency on rides. Case in point: Their newest roller coaster, Silver Bullet. Had a line two miles long, moving like a snail. They only run one train, so there is no loading one train when the other is running. I saw another train on a side rail, but it looked like it was being worked on. Ridiculous.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:25 am

The Motorcycles came first, then the Soapbox racers (miss those too), then Windjammer (horrible coaster-never ran properly), and now Xcelerator.
Sorry about your visit on Friday , Ms.Matterhorn. The end-of-school trips to Knott's are very popular (we had over 8K school kids today:eek :) .
The maintenance schedules are weird here at Knott's. There may have been a problem with the other car at Silver Bullet that popped up without warning. Or there was a staffing issue that day. Both of those problems plus tons of kids make for a perfect storm.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Working at the The Seas in Epcot you get a lot of confusion about exactly what ride and show are there. Its not uncommon for people we are the Musical at DAK or wonder where our Submarines are. Today I went back and forth with a guest who insisted without a shawdow of a doubt that We had the crush coaster. He pulled up his phone and showed me a park map with the crush coaster and he demanded to know where it was. At which point I had to point out He was in Epcot in Florida and he was looking at a Map Walt Disney Studios Park at EURO DISNEY. At which point he went "OH!" turned and walked into Turtle Talk.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 am

err, that one with the farting and tap dancing aliens?

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 pm

drcorey wrote:err, that one with the farting and tap dancing aliens?
They're not aliens. They're French, they live there. :rolleyes:

Zazu

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Working at the The Seas in Epcot you get a lot of confusion about exactly what ride and show are there. Its not uncommon for people we are the Musical at DAK or wonder where our Submarines are. Today I went back and forth with a guest who insisted without a shawdow of a doubt that We had the crush coaster. He pulled up his phone and showed me a park map with the crush coaster and he demanded to know where it was. At which point I had to point out He was in Epcot in Florida and he was looking at a Map Walt Disney Studios Park at EURO DISNEY. At which point he went "OH!" turned and walked into Turtle Talk.
Well a couple of years ago I placed some Magic Kingdom maps in English, Spanish and Japanese in the multilingual map rack outside City Hall in Disneyland. I did not stay around to see the results, but they may have been interesting. I may do it again next month.