What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Post Reply
tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by tommy_b » Wed May 25, 2011 6:04 pm

... And Disneyland never did.

In the days before Splash Mountain many guests used to insist Disneyland had a log ride.

I had guests ask what happened to the subway to the Disneyland Hotel ("you mean, monorail", "no it was an underground subway").

Same thing for the train to the hotel, ("you mean the train around the park", "yes, but it stopped at the hotel too").



turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Seal Beach

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by turkeyham » Wed May 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Overheard:

SG teens: Where is the bucekeneer?

CM: That ride is not a Disney Attraction.

SG teens: Yes, it is. The Dragon Swing that goes a full loop and you have a shoulder harnerst.

CM: That is not on the Island and you should google it.

CM: I believe the buckeneer has to do with Six Flags possibly? :eek:



Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1143
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 pm
Location: CA

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 pm

It seems to be a fairly common thing for tourists to make those mistakes.

I remember several years ago while at Disneyland I overheard a guest ask a CM where the Jurassic Park ride was.


:kermit: Check out the Muppet Wiki; http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

User avatar
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4133
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:00 pm
Park: WDW
Position: retired
Location: 8 miles east of Spaceship Earth
Contact:

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Zazu » Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I still think I got the best of these when an SG at MK's Frontierland asked where Magic Mountain was.

She got salty with me, so I told her how to get there.


Zazu

Mad Maxx
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 am

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Mad Maxx » Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 am

Zazu wrote:I still think I got the best of these when an SG at MK's Frontierland asked where Magic Mountain was.

She got salty with me, so I told her how to get there.
Something like I-75 to I-10 to I-5? And that makes what I do from Disneyland sound tame...

But she did ask how to. :p



tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by tommy_b » Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:It seems to be a fairly common thing for tourists to make those mistakes.

I remember several years ago while at Disneyland I overheard a guest ask a CM where the Jurassic Park ride was.
Yeah, I get the mixing park idea and like Zazu I was asked many times where "Magic Mountain" was (and I assumed they meant Space Mtn usually, maybe Matterhorn) and I answered based on how I thought the guest would take my "go straight up the 5 for about two hours" answer.

But I was thinking more like the examples I cited.... people who insisted they had been a ride "when the park first opened" that in truth had never been at the park.



Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:52 am
Location: breakdown land

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Thu May 26, 2011 12:25 pm

tommy_b wrote:people who insisted they had been a ride "when the park first opened" that in truth had never been at the park.

I get the "I met Walt at DL the day it opened" so much
that I ask how the line was for the Matterhorn was that day. :rolleyes:
More often than not, I'll get an answer. :twisted:
The trifecta was when the answer was: "Walt let us in the front of the line."


If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

User avatar
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4607
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:10 am
Location: D L
Contact:

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Main Streeter » Thu May 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:I get the "I met Walt at DL the day it opened" so much
that I ask how the line was for the Matterhorn was that day. :rolleyes:
More often than not, I'll get an answer. :twisted:
The trifecta was when the answer was: "Walt let us in the front of the line."
I'd question you on this Natural as it sounds odd, but I work @ DL. Nuff said. ;)



"You work here? You must be SO rich!"


RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:52 am
Location: breakdown land

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Thu May 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Main Streeter wrote:I'd question you on this Natural as it sounds odd, but I work @ DL. Nuff said. ;)

Trick question, the Matterhorn wasn't there on opening day, so it
would be tough for Walt to get them to the front of the line. :D:


If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

User avatar
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4607
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:10 am
Location: D L
Contact:

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by Main Streeter » Thu May 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:Trick question, the Matterhorn wasn't there on opening day, so it
would be tough for Walt to get them to the front of the line. :D:
I know this. My Mom was @ DL abt a week after opening day. She then became Choir Director in the fall after Walt called her. Have no idea how Walt found out Mom's talent.



"You work here? You must be SO rich!"


RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Post Reply