If the line is over there, DON'T stand over here and make a new line!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: If the line is over there, DON'T stand over here and make a new line!

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am

Basically when I say I stand there and say both sides are open, I am literally right at the entrance, in costume with name tag saying repeatedly, "both sides are open, take your pick, keep your groups together" and sometimes I throw in jokes and such about not wanting to ride together and get reactions from that, so they hear me, they just don't process it or something. Like I said, if they're smart/aware enough to pay attention and go down the other side then they get rewarded by having no wait. Some of my fellow CMs will literally stand in the entrance for the side with the line and kinda force Guests down the other side, I see no reason for that. If they don't want to pay attention to what I'm saying, they can wait in a line.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm

turkeyham wrote:SG: I want a chocolate drum stick.
CM: We don't sell ice cream on the hot foods cart.
Hah, reminds me of the time I was on a hot drink cart. (At night)
Helping guests, getting the drinks out real fast, making everyone really happy..good times. Then, this impatient kids comes up and goes "I want an ice cream." Two problems. What kind of ice cream? And we don't sell it here anyway.

I told him, "I'm sorry, this cart isn't set up for ice cream--"
*Points to a Cappo cart* "What about that one?"
"Er, well, no..that one is a hot drink location as well."
*Throws arms up* "What the hell, none of you guys sell ice cream!"

He didn't notice the ice cream cart that was directly behind him about 30 feet away though. He just walked by it like it didn't exist. O_o

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Freak wrote:Hah, reminds me of the time I was on a hot drink cart. (At night)
Helping guests, getting the drinks out real fast, making everyone really happy..good times. Then, this impatient kids comes up and goes "I want an ice cream." Two problems. What kind of ice cream? And we don't sell it here anyway.

I told him, "I'm sorry, this cart isn't set up for ice cream--"
*Points to a Cappo cart* "What about that one?"
"Er, well, no..that one is a hot drink location as well."
*Throws arms up* "What the hell, none of you guys sell ice cream!"

He didn't notice the ice cream cart that was directly behind him about 30 feet away though. He just walked by it like it didn't exist. O_o
probably because he had stopped there eariler to get a hot drink, and they didn't have any! :rolleyes:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Freak wrote:He didn't notice the ice cream cart that was directly behind him about 30 feet away though. He just walked by it like it didn't exist. O_o
Of course he did. In the mind of an SG, if they say that no-one sells something, then that is that, and they will reject anything their senses tell them to the contrary.

strlnblue
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by strlnblue » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Freak, UGH, I know exactly what you're talking about. I work in a store and the customers do the same crap. There's a big black sign that says "Line exits here." The SG walks in, ignoring the FIFTEEN other people in line and demands service. Sheesh, it never ever EVER ends. The strange thing is the customers seldom get angry! :confused: Only once in my whole time with the store did the next customer in line get outraged and demand that the SG step to the back (she refused! Had to call a manager but the SG got the message and left before he showed up.)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm

At Ship to Shore: 2 registers and 2 lines.

SG: Where is the line for frozen bananas?
CM: Up the hill to the left.
SG: I have been waiting here for more than 10 minutes and I can't have
any ice cream?
CM: The ice cream cart up the hill to your left is where they have the ice
cream novelties. This cart sells: Turkey legs, chimichungas, corn, fruit,
drinks and frozen lemonade.

I am seriously trying to find the bird legs and beer. I still can't find those. :eek:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 am

Today we had a classic SG. SG teenager was being a dumb teen.
SG: Can you open another register?
CM: Sorry, the other CM does not have a fund to open the register with.
SG: That's lame.
Second CM: There is only 2 people in line now. You and the guests behind you.
SG: You CMs are lazy and need to open the other register.
CM: I am sorry that you feel like that, but the other cast member does not have a fund and I am the only one who can ring your purchase.
SG: Leaves cart after being rung up for a bag of chips.
Guests behind SG: What a lazy teenager! We have plenty of time and we don't rush the CMS in the park.

Try to bug a CM that has no way to ring your order up, you SG will not get anywhere. "Have a Magical Day!" :twisted:

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Smile.Like.You.Mean.It » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:06 pm

I was at my attraction the other day and we were pushing guests forward to make more room for newcomers. We were doing the norm; spieling/waving our arms about in the forward motion. Some guy passes me and jokes: "I feel like we're a bunch of cattle." I smiled, but in my head thought: 'Sometimes you SGs act like it! If we don't treat you like that you'll probably get lost or screw something up.' I think that sometimes we should just take the initiative and put the SGs where we need them so problems don't arise.

SG: "Excuse me, do you work here?"
Me: looking down at obvious costume/nametag while standing in front of attraction with similar theme. "Uh, yeah."
:oweye: i thought that question was just a myth!!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:49 am

So, where's the cattle prod when you need it? :twisted:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:42 am

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It wrote:I was at my attraction the other day and we were pushing guests forward to make more room for newcomers. We were doing the norm; spieling/waving our arms about in the forward motion. Some guy passes me and jokes: "I feel like we're a bunch of cattle." I smiled, but in my head thought: 'Sometimes you SGs act like it! If we don't treat you like that you'll probably get lost or screw something up.' I think that sometimes we should just take the initiative and put the SGs where we need them so problems don't arise.
I get that almost every night when I used to work Fantasmic! or pyro. Some SG would remark that he felt like cattle and I go, "Where's my cattle prod!" :) That got a laugh. On occasions, i would get a "Mooooooooooooo!!"

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!