30 things you didn't know about Disneyland

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

30 things you didn't know about Disneyland

Post by TdcOgre » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Okay, everybody except Zazu that is.

http://disneydestinations.msn.com/artic ... &gt1=32096

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: 30 things you didn't know about Disneyland

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm

TdcOgre wrote:Okay, everybody except Zazu that is.
With all Zazu's facts & memory, he may have not known #13 & #14. No offense Zazu, :) but those would be difficult to recall & they are not static. Fun read! Thanks Td.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:43 pm

TdcOgre wrote:Okay, everybody except Zazu that is.

http://disneydestinations.msn.com/artic ... &gt1=32096
Main Streeter wrote:With all Zazu's facts & memory, he may have not known #13 & #14. No offense Zazu, :) but those would be difficult to recall & they are not static. Fun read! Thanks Td.
I won't pretend to have memorized all the numbers, but I did know all the rest.

Oh, and I think there's an error in #20 -- most of the dark water in the park is connected together into a large recirculating system that includes the motorboats, Storybookland, the Castle moat, Jungle Cruise, and the Rivers of America. Used to include Mine Train waters too, but they may have been replumbed with the construction of Big Thunder. Anybody here know?

Zazu

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 am

6. Disneyland Park does not sell alcohol or chewing gum; the first because Walt Disney wanted to maintain a wholesome family environment, the second to help keep the park clean and to prevent guests from being inconvenienced by stepping in a gooey mess.
Nothing about keeping Guests from bringing the stuff in themselves and making the gooey mess anyways. :rolleyes:
19. More than 5,000 gallons of paint are used each year to keep Disneyland looking fresh and better-than-new.
Obviously hasn't been to Toontown lately.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 am

Just doing some math based off of prices of each of those items (I used the LOWEST current price in the resort..ie saying every guest bought the cheapest ice cream or what not)...the money made is staggering and astounding. :eek:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 am

I knew most of them. I may not have known exact numbers, but I knew the basic gist of the fact. So, does that mean I'm almost as smart as Zazu? :D

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:08 am

Even Poor Walt had to deal with SGs-climbing UP the firepole into his apartment!!!!! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:42 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I knew the basic gist of the fact. So, does that mean I'm almost as smart as Zazu? :D
Yes! & because I know you this would be a double yes. :) You are also much prettier than Zazu. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Even Poor Walt had to deal with SGs-climbing UP the firepole into his apartment!!!!! :eek:
You'd think he would have some sort of covering for it so that only he can get in and out through it. :rolleyes:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Freak wrote:Just doing some math based off of prices of each of those items (I used the LOWEST current price in the resort..ie saying every guest bought the cheapest ice cream or what not)...the money made is staggering and astounding. :eek:
Didn't I read in a news report recently that Disney parks (or was it Disney World only) had a net profit of 468 million on revenue of 2.7 billion? That is profit of 1.28 million per day! I would love to see the breakdown by park. And does this also include profit on the hotel operations? Or is that a separate reporting division?