The Trash Cans are NOT Black Holes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

The Trash Cans are NOT Black Holes

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 am

While bussing, I've seen a handful of Guests try to shove their trash into trashcans that were obviously full. Do they really think that if they keep forcing the trash in, it'll go down somehow? Seriously, there's several other trashcans that are mere steps away but they simply insist on getting their hands more dirty than necessary just so they didn't have to walk any farther.

Just because the trashcans are located in Tomorrowland, that doesn't mean they're connected to black holes. It'd be nice, but no, we have to empty our trashcans regularly and use trash compactors like everyone else in the park. :rolleyes:

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Trash Cans are NOT Black Holes

Post by Widget » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:42 am

Give them some credit. At least they are trying to use a trashcan instead of just leaving their mess on the table.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am

TiggerHappy wrote:While bussing, I've seen a handful of Guests try to shove their trash into trashcans that were obviously full. Do they really think that if they keep forcing the trash in, it'll go down somehow? Seriously, there's several other trashcans that are mere steps away but they simply insist on getting their hands more dirty than necessary just so they didn't have to walk any farther.

Just because the trashcans are located in Tomorrowland, that doesn't mean they're connected to black holes. It'd be nice, but no, we have to empty our trashcans regularly and use trash compactors like everyone else in the park. :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm,could Imagineering work on that? It would be kind of cool! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:11 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Just because the trashcans are located in Tomorrowland, that doesn't mean they're connected to black holes. It'd be nice, but no, we have to empty our trashcans regularly and use trash compactors like everyone else in the park. :rolleyes:
I wish that there is a trash can that is connected to the Black Hole to push ALL the SGs into!!! :twisted:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:27 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Hmmmmm,could Imagineering work on that? It would be kind of cool! ;)
I've had Guests insist that every single trash can in the park is connected to the HVAC. That would be awesome.

Kurt

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Widget wrote:Give them some credit. At least they are trying to use a trashcan instead of just leaving their mess on the table.
With a packed trashcan, the mess ends up on the floor instead. :\ If it won't go in, it's not going in and I'm still cleaning up after them.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I've had Guests insist that every single trash can in the park is connected to the HVAC. That would be awesome.
I heard a tale that connecting all the trash cans to the AVAC system was the original idea when they were designing the park. But they figured that occasionally guests would accidentally leave their wallet or some other valuable on their tray so they decided to have regular cans and have AVAC dump stations throughout the park. This way the valuable can be easily recovered instead of virtually unrecoverable. That, and being regular cans allows them to be easily moved and to add/remove cans as needed.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Shorty82 wrote:That, and being regular cans allows them to be easily moved and to add/remove cans as needed.
This has the side effect of SGs being able to move them into the parade route. I bet if they were blackholes however they would not stick their kids on top of them.

Kurt

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:45 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:This has the side effect of SGs being able to move them into the parade route. I bet if they were blackholes however they would not stick their kids on top of them.
Yessssssssssssss...................... anyon sitting on a trash can would be SUCKED INTO THE BLACK HOLE, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:56 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I've had Guests insist that every single trash can in the park is connected to the HVAC.
I have had guests so convinced of this that I moved a trash can to show them the solid concrete beneath. Even then, they had to tap the area with their foot before deciding, "They must have added this can later."

Zazu