The Trash Cans are NOT Black Holes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: The Trash Cans are NOT Black Holes

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:00 am

Zazu wrote:I have had guests so convinced of this that I moved a trash can to show them the solid concrete beneath. Even then, they had to tap the area with their foot before deciding, "They must have added this can later."
That's just fascinating to me. I think its funny guests believe in the magic a little too much.

Although, it has happened in the past that Disney parks put in temporary concrete due to an on-going construction project. ;)

:kermit: Check out the Muppet Wiki; http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:This has the side effect of SGs being able to move them into the parade route. I bet if they were blackholes however they would not stick their kids on top of them.
I say that the CM's should play that up, and tell the SG's that if they put their kid on a trashcan, sensors will activate the HVAC system and they may get sucked in!!

of course, some overwrought parents might try that..

or some exasperated spouses!!!

;)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:58 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:This has the side effect of SGs being able to move them into the parade route. I bet if they were blackholes however they would not stick their kids on top of them.
DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Yessssssssssssss...................... anyon sitting on a trash can would be SUCKED INTO THE BLACK HOLE, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:
Hmm, I should use that. I've seen quite a few kids using trashcans as alternative high chairs.

Or I could just tell the parents "you break it, you buy it, and it's not cheap." :rolleyes:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:27 am

Surely the acronym is not HVAC. In my world that stands for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning. The thought of the smelly trash being tied into the HVAC system is just horrifying.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 am

GaTechGal wrote:Surely the acronym is not HVAC. In my world that stands for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning. The thought of the smelly trash being tied into the HVAC system is just horrifying.
It's an AVAC system, not HVAC.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 am

Silly people, everyone knows that Black Holes are reserved for job applications! Why waste them on trash when there are hopes and dreams that can be swallowed?