It Seems That I Have: THE VOICE!!!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: It Seems That I Have: THE VOICE!!!!

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 pm

turkeyham wrote:I am waiting for the group to fall and have a new bar code implanted on their face. :D:
Escalators are a terrible place to play around-I knew someone who wasn't playing around but who got their clothing caught in one, it made them fall and suffer a cervical fracture-ended up quadriplegic :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:10 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I want to see THAT!!!! He would say, "Yes, yes, I AM!!!" and then flash his badge!! That will shut her up, lol!!! :D:
:cool:

I have been able to do that in few times, its a great feeling.

(not kicking someone out of an amuzement park, but "making a federal case" out of something! I.E. Arrest)

:twisted:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 pm

A few decades ago, I was a security guard for a rent-a-cop outfit, and had a steady post at a now-defunct membership department store. Anyway, if you bought something like a TV, bicycle, etc., you had to go around to the pickup door and the on duty security guard and warehouse man would get it for you and have you sign the receipt. One elderly gentleman came in and started on about my "little tin badge", etc. the rigamarole of having to get his stuff this way. I calmly told him the badge was brass, not tin, and that this was the way the company worked, otherwise somebody could come up, claim to be him and get his stuff. He shut up.

It's bad enough when kids don't have respect for authority or obey rules, but when people who are in the senior citizen classification do the same thing, that's really scary! I mean, the generation before mine had the daylights whipped out of them for even thinking of doing something wrong or disobeying the rules; my generation (baby boomer) was the last one to get paddled. Talking to people trying to settle the issue instead of walloping them does no good most of the time, because they know how to work the system. They are onlyu sorry because they got caught, or because it's expected of them, to get the authorities off their back. But they don't mean it. I saw an online article earlier about a 6th grader who spilled his milk in the school cafeteria, and ended up in handcuffs. Really lame reason right there. You should have read some of the comments.

nolilyonmygrave
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by nolilyonmygrave » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:07 am

Ooooh, "The Voice". An envious talent indeed. (warning: WDW story coming) One of my friends works on the Monorail. We went to DHS and made the mistake of going to Midway Mania. Truly horrific line, like always. Out of boredom, he yells "move all the way in folks, all the way in, make room for everybody behind you". Mysteriously, the line moved about 20 feet forward almost instantly.

TL;DR version: "The Voice" should be considered a superpower.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Have you by any chance had Bene Gesserit training?

8^P

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Have you by any chance had Bene Gesserit training?

8^P
I wonder if Herbert ever worked at a theme park? It would explain a few things.

Zazu

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 am

If you have THE VOICE, then I must have THE EYES.

Saw a kid playing around in one of the flowerbeds in Tomorrowland. I stopped to look at her with a smile on my face, yet my eyes say otherwise. Didn't say anything at all. She saw me, stopped what she was doing, and quickly hightailed it out of the flowerbed. :D:

They can be taught!

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:16 am

TiggerHappy wrote:If you have THE VOICE, then I must have THE EYES.
Nice. You should work on getting that into the Traditions class. Those could come in handy some times when you can't leave your post and go over to kids.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.