OMG!!!! World Of Color Promotes WITCHCRAFT!!!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: OMG!!!! World Of Color Promotes WITCHCRAFT!!!!

Post by drcorey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I can't wait for the new 747-8I (Intercontinental) with a range of 9,200 miles to start flying.
Makes the old concord look like a ram jet...

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I can't wait for the new 747-8I (Intercontinental) with a range of 9,200 miles to start flying.
It looks big enough to have a pool on board.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 pm

drcorey wrote:Makes the old concord look like a ram jet...
Man those things were noisy. We were behind one taking off from Kennedy. Our 767 shook like crazy but it was a pretty sight watching that baby go.

Heathrow's take off path goes directly over Windsor Castle. A Concorde was flying by and an American tourist was heard saying, "Why would they build the castle where planes fly by?"

Windsor Castle was originally built by William the Conqueror in the decade after the Norman conquest of 1066.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:04 am

WWWD wrote:Clearly, some parent's never seen Fantasia with Yensid and Mickey playing with the Dark Arts.
But, but, he made a BUTTERFLY. D: A PRETTY butterfly.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Not long now. The first -8I came out of the paint hangar the other day for delivery to Lufthansa, the same day that the first -8 actually took to the skies.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:33 pm

If they think World of Color is witchcraft, I wonder what they think of TV, radio, the internet, etc.. Surely anything that produces images and sound, together or alone, without tiny people inside must be witchcraft! :D:

quinsippi5
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by quinsippi5 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Has she never seen Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, Little mermaid, The Shaggy Dog and Shaggy DA, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland....they all have spells or magic in them along with tens of others....

Disney is magical...get over it...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:42 pm

hobie16 wrote:Man those things were noisy. We were behind one taking off from Kennedy. Our 767 shook like crazy but it was a pretty sight watching that baby go.

Heathrow's take off path goes directly over Windsor Castle. A Concorde was flying by and an American tourist was heard saying, "Why would they build the castle where planes fly by?"

Windsor Castle was originally built by William the Conqueror in the decade after the Norman conquest of 1066.
I was lucky enough to see one take off from Heathrow, and I concur with Hobie, that the plane I was aboard (a 767 as well) shuddered as the thing went by... we were about 2/3 down the runway, and I was on the right side of the plane to see the whole takeoff roll. Simply amazing.

Of course, that was on the return trip from the flight from hell... And if you have any problem with descriptions of any bodily functions (or lack thereof) you will want to stop reading. Should you choose to highlight the following, you have been warned.

[spoiler]See, I had severe equilibrium problems at that age, because my cochleas were always larger than normal... means that I always had less room for my brain, but once I grew into my ears I now have some of the best balance of anyone I have met, though I still fail the electroencephalograph. But why did this affect me on the way to London? Well...

The flight from Portland to Chicago was uneventful. Got on the ground, did the layover, and all that, without needing to go to the bathroom. Then, once we were at cruising altitude from Chicago to London, the need hit, and I walked back to the lavatory.

I couldn't make that function work. At all. No matter what I did. Upon return to earth in London, I was fine. In fact, the cabin crew knew of my dilemma, and when that plane reached the gate they had everyone behind my seat stay seated so I could bolt back to the lav.

What it came down to, when I got back to my otolaryngolist, was that I was using my eyes to keep my balance, and the fact that I could not see any horizon was tricking me into being unable to perform certain bodily functions. Fine when I am on the relatively-unmoving ground, but aboard a constantly-moving plane, it all comes into play.

So I traveled from my house, an hour from the Portland International Airport, until my flight took off (total of 3 hours), through Chicago (a four hour flight followed by another 3 hour layover), and all the way to London (an 8 hour flight if I remember right) for a total of 18 hours, of which 7 were spent in discomfort and 5 in actual pain. Good times.[/spoiler]

To have had a witch on that flight that could have helped me...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:02 am

hobie16 wrote:Man those things were noisy. We were behind one taking off from Kennedy. Our 767 shook like crazy but it was a pretty sight watching that baby go...
My only time to see one live was when I was flying out of Dulles after the wedding of a friend in Maryland -- my gate happened to be right next to the Concorde's. Man, it seemed tiny next to other jets, like a needle with huge wings. But it took off just before they called my flight for boarding, and the whole building shook when it lit those afterburners, even though it was way off at the end of the runway.

My friend's bride's family's house was about 12 miles away and on the Concorde's flightpath -- and they could tell when it was coming towards them, but when they'd rush outside to see it, they'd find that it was already well past. An amazing machine, and a pity that it's been scrapped.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:28 pm

BRWombat wrote: My friend's bride's family's house was about 12 miles away and on the Concorde's flightpath -- and they could tell when it was coming towards them, but when they'd rush outside to see it, they'd find that it was already well past. An amazing machine, and a pity that it's been scrapped.
I had a friend who had a parent that worked for BA. He rode in the jump seat on the concorde once. The captain told him to watch the speed indicator, pointed to the mark for when they'd hit the speed of sound. When they got there, friend asked "where is the sonic boom?" Captain looked, smiled, pointed behind them and said "back there!" Nothing like science lessons in the sky!

Cockpit view of a takeoff in a concorde.

http://wn.com/Concorde_cockpit_take_off ... n_Heathrow

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."