OMG, Stop That!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: OMG, Stop That!

Post by tommy_b » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Meh strollers and grabbing too many chairs.... peanuts.... I had the 5 year old boy on Autopia with his mother who whips it out to take a leak into the pit area and just as cars are starting to return.

That was an "OMG, STOP THAT!" moment for me and the mother had no idea whay I was yelling or mad.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 pm

tommy_b wrote:Meh strollers and grabbing too many chairs.... peanuts.... I had the 5 year old boy on Autopia with his mother who whips it out to take a leak into the pit area and just as cars are starting to return.

That was an "OMG, STOP THAT!" moment for me and the mother had no idea whay I was yelling or mad.
Good gravy and biscuits! Was this woman drunk or under the effects of some other chemical that inhibited some higher brain functions? The only thing I can think of that might excuse her behavior is if she suffered from some sort of mental issue, and if that was the case, perhaps it would be wise if there was someone to keep an eye on her?

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Speaking of taking a leak, I was on the CM shuttle going into our Harbor Pointe checkpoint. When we turned into the entrance (with the big resort welcoming sign), we saw a guy looking at one of the monorail columns. We didn't think anything of it until one CM said very loudly "OMG, is that guy peeing???"

Mind you, this is right next to the road where LOTS of people were walking into the resort and buses and cars were passing by. :mad:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Good gravy and biscuits! Was this woman drunk or under the effects of some other chemical that inhibited some higher brain functions? The only thing I can think of that might excuse her behavior is if she suffered from some sort of mental issue, and if that was the case, perhaps it would be wise if there was someone to keep an eye on her?
:cool:

maybe there was no restroom break in their schedule? :hysteria:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:When we turned into the entrance (with the big resort welcoming sign), we saw a guy looking at one of the monorail columns. We didn't think anything of it until one CM said very loudly "OMG, is that guy peeing???"

Mind you, this is right next to the road where LOTS of people were walking into the resort and buses and cars were passing by. :mad:
Usual summer riff raff. Prepare you're psyche for far out Extra Stupid. Tis the season. :twisted:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 am

When I worked at Indy, if I was assigned Stroller Straightening, if I saw a stroller parked in a place where it shouldn't be I would move it, usually to a place where it could not be easily found, such as the stroller parking area for H&V.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 am

The fruit stand in front of the River's of America. Nice place to window shop and watch the SG pick up ice cubes and play with them. A few minutes later another group of kids play with the ice. CM warns them not to play with the ice because it has been touched by others and it is not clean. So, SG kids come back, pick up ice and pops it in their mouths :eek: .

Why is it on the fruit carts that SG want a cup of the used ice for a soft drink? That's just gross. Get into a restaurant and ask for a cup of ice. :D:

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

The only time I've touched fruit cart ice, as far as I remember, was when a Cast Member in Market House scalded themselves on coffee while I was working there. I grabbed a small merchandise bag, went out to the fruit cart, and took some of their ice after asking the CM there if it was ok. It definitely was not by the book, but I don't think Market House is otherwise equipped to deal with situations like that (despite the likelihood of such injuries occurring).

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote: :cool:

maybe there was no restroom break in their schedule? :hysteria:
Or maybe she felt that, when on vacation, she shouldn't have to worry about things like actually being at a bathroom, ya smart aleck!

SmartGuest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SmartGuest » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Speaking of taking a leak, I was on the CM shuttle going into our Harbor Pointe checkpoint. When we turned into the entrance (with the big resort welcoming sign), we saw a guy looking at one of the monorail columns. We didn't think anything of it until one CM said very loudly "OMG, is that guy peeing???"

I visited Universal Studios-Hollywood in 2004 with my 12yo nephew and 9yo niece. Were on the tram about midway through the backlot tour when a guy several rows in front of us reaches up and pulls the chord to signal the tram to stop. He ignores the query of the CM (what are employees of Universal called?) at the microphone asking, "Is everything okay? Is there an emergency?" He walks about 15 feet from the tram, turns slightly to the side, unzips his pants, and urinates onto a bush...in full view of everyone on the tram. My nephew keeps saying, "Is that guy REALLY peeing?" and my niece, who was too short to see over everyone's craning heads, was asking, "What's going on? I want to see!" The guy in front of me records the whole thing on his video camera (unfortunately this was pre-YouTube) saying, "This is great. I'm getting the whole thing!" People are laughing and pointing and his family is covering their faces and shaking their heads. When he gets back on the tram his wife / girlfriend chastises him with a, "You couldn't wait?!?" He laughed and shrugged and said "No, I had to go!" The CM at the microphone came over the loudspeaker with a "Please ladies and gentlemen, if you have an emergency please alert one of us and we will assist you. Please do not exit the tram without notifying us." Unbelievably, that was all that was said to him by staff. I thought for certain they would have Security waiting for him for exposing himself to an entire tram. I've seen some SGs in my day, but he had to be the stupidest. Well, except perhaps for the two dads who got in a fistfight while waiting online for Lights, Motors, Action. :rolleyes: