Why Would You Do That???

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Why Would You Do That???

Post by ktulu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 pm

hobie16 wrote: Take the toddlers. Drive and park the strollers responsibly, and change diapers in the proper place. The kids will thank you later.
My 2 year old says "Daddy, I wanna go my Disneyland", both of my girls are already addicted...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

andfar wrote:IMO, I wouldn't like to take a child that young to Disney. Dealing with changing diapers and a stroller doesn't sound fun at all. We didn't take our son untill he was out of diapers and we knew he would be able to walk most of the day without us holding him too much. That magical age was 4 1/2. He did good. No stroller, no renting a stroller, and no diapers!! I honestly don't know how parents do it.
Honestly, if I had a kid, I'd wait until he/she can walk before taking him to the parks. Swimming through the crowds and finding places to eat are stressful enough. I don't need to add lugging around a stroller and diaper-changing to that repertoire. In the meantime, he/she can start his/her Disney addiction via movies and Kingdom Hearts. :D:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Honestly, if I had a kid, I'd wait until he/she can walk before taking him to the parks. Swimming through the crowds and finding places to eat are stressful enough. I don't need to add lugging around a stroller and diaper-changing to that repertoire. In the meantime, he/she can start his/her Disney addiction via movies and Kingdom Hearts. :D:
Have to agree with you there but you will find a lot of resistance to that idea. That's OK, cause it is their life to live. I didn't take my kids until they were at least 6 and could participate and remember, the same with my grand-kids. I promised them and their parents that I would take them all as soon as they reached 6, and I did.

I know that other folks get a very good experience out of taking their young, young kids to the place. I'm not sure how they enjoy it, but they do and that is all that counts.

:goofy: :goofy:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Chrissa's first visit was at three months, but only long enough to go to the Silhouette Shop to introduce her to a dear friend, then a feeding and diaper stop at the Baby center. As for her addiction, that came from Mommy, Daddy, and Papa all working there at one time or another.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 pm

ktulu wrote:My 2 year old says "Daddy, I wanna go my Disneyland", both of my girls are already addicted...
OMG that is so cute! :)
Depending on the kid,I can see both sides.....One of my happiest memories was taking my 6 mo old to "My Disneyland." Of course he doesn't remember,but it was a beautiful day,we didn't keep him out late,and the park wasn't even crowded :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:15 am

Well, the (now 5) year old recognized Tomorrowland on her first visit to the MK when she was younger (i forget the exact age) after we first went to Disneyland earlier in the year. She asked if she could go on Buzz. My wife and I just looked at each other in amazement that 1) she did actually remember and 2) she knew which land we were in and figured they'd have the ride :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am

ktulu wrote:Well, the (now 5) year old recognized Tomorrowland on her first visit to the MK when she was younger (i forget the exact age) after we first went to Disneyland earlier in the year. She asked if she could go on Buzz. My wife and I just looked at each other in amazement that 1) she did actually remember and 2) she knew which land we were in and figured they'd have the ride :D:
It's genetic -- both the intelligence and the love-of-Disney gene!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

The diaper changing areas, plus the Baby Center, are just so nice we've never had a problem bringing our daughter to the park since she was just a wee one.

And I probably posted it before, but it's true about people changing diapers where ever. I know there was once or twice when I was doing my walk of a Nemo Sub that I saw one stuck with the flotation devices, or stashed under the stairwell.

T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 am

We waited until ours were out of diapers, but their first trips were before they turned 3 and were still free. But those first trips were really for ME not for them. It's the same thing with taking babies to see Santa, it's not for them, it's for me.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:54 pm

You don't know the meaning of gross until you've found a used tampon on a ride. Knott's Berry Farm, Calico Railroad, found by me. The engineer was just as shocked as I was when I told him. So were my co-workers. I mean, how in blue blazes did they DO that?