Why Would You Do That???

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Why Would You Do That???

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Interesting sequence of events that happened to me concerning parents and babies.

While bussing Tomorrowland Terrace, I came across a used diaper that was all wrapped up. I figured some parent tried to toss it into the trash can and missed by a mile so I swept it up and dumped it. Although, it still felt weird since the parent could've dumped it in a trash can in the restrooms. >_>

Some days later, I was bussing an area of the Tomorrowland Terrace when I turned to see parents changing their baby on their stroller... In front of guests heading over to the service counters for lunch... Unfortunately, by the time I noticed what was going on, they had already finished changing the baby. Had I known what went on, I would've directed them to the nearest restroom to change their kid. >_<

Some more days later, I was cleaning up this one table after a family left when 2 families came rushing over to claim the clean table. One of them was two parents with a baby and the other was a mom and her son (presumably 8 or 9 years old). When the mom asks if the other family would like the table instead, the father of the other family actually said this:

"No, it's fine. We're just going to change our baby on this table and then be on our way."

:eek:

OMG! SERIOUSLY?!

Yes, I'm sure the mom and her son would love to dine on a table that had a baby's butt and dirty diaper on it. :mad:

I was quick to point the father in the direction of the nearest restroom to change his kid. The mom and son gave me looks of relief as the other family left and they got claim on a freshly cleaned table.

My mind is now boggled to know that there are parents who would willingly change their babies in an environment meant for eating. Because who cares about sanitation nowadays?

Ugh, I feel like throwing up. :(

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Why Would You Do That???

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Ewwwwwwwwww! Remind me to bring Bleach-soaked wipes next time we go
out! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:17 am

Reason number 429 that I don't eat at the parks.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 am

Freak wrote:Reason number 429 that I don't eat at the parks.
I think Victoria & Albert's and Brown Derby are safe from this issue. Or so I'd hope.

Kurt

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am

kurtisnelson wrote:I think Victoria & Albert's and Brown Derby are safe from this issue. Or so I'd hope.
You never know. The last time we ate at Mamma Melrose's some folks changed their baby on the table next to us as they were leaving. We quickly told the waitress so that they could use the EXTRA STRENGTH cleaner on the table. We were totally grossed out and so was the waitress.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:09 am

Parents seem to think that they can change their child anywhere, anytime. I can't even begin to count the number of dirty diapers I found shoved under the seats at Philharmagic at the end of the night. And you know that the people doing this would be pissed off if they discovered a diaper underneath their seat.

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Interesting sequence of events that happened to me concerning parents and babies.

While bussing Tomorrowland Terrace, I came across a used diaper that was all wrapped up. I figured some parent tried to toss it into the trash can and missed by a mile so I swept it up and dumped it. Although, it still felt weird since the parent could've dumped it in a trash can in the restrooms. >_>

Some days later, I was bussing an area of the Tomorrowland Terrace when I turned to see parents changing their baby on their stroller... In front of guests heading over to the service counters for lunch... Unfortunately, by the time I noticed what was going on, they had already finished changing the baby. Had I known what went on, I would've directed them to the nearest restroom to change their kid. >_<

Some more days later, I was cleaning up this one table after a family left when 2 families came rushing over to claim the clean table. One of them was two parents with a baby and the other was a mom and her son (presumably 8 or 9 years old). When the mom asks if the other family would like the table instead, the father of the other family actually said this:

"No, it's fine. We're just going to change our baby on this table and then be on our way."

:eek:

OMG! SERIOUSLY?!

Yes, I'm sure the mom and her son would love to dine on a table that had a baby's butt and dirty diaper on it. :mad:

I was quick to point the father in the direction of the nearest restroom to change his kid. The mom and son gave me looks of relief as the other family left and they got claim on a freshly cleaned table.

My mind is now boggled to know that there are parents who would willingly change their babies in an environment meant for eating. Because who cares about sanitation nowadays?

Ugh, I feel like throwing up. :(
Sadly, I have seen this more and more when we go to the parks.

I guess parents must do that at home on their dining table?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote: I can't even begin to count the number of dirty diapers I found shoved under the seats at Philharmagic at the end of the night.
Or guests depositing them in the 3D glasses receptacles at HISTA and discovering them later while dumping the bag to count the glasses and it just rolls out!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 am

IMO, I wouldn't like to take a child that young to Disney. Dealing with changing diapers and a stroller doesn't sound fun at all. We didn't take our son untill he was out of diapers and we knew he would be able to walk most of the day without us holding him too much. That magical age was 4 1/2. He did good. No stroller, no renting a stroller, and no diapers!! I honestly don't know how parents do it. I would hate to be one of THOSE people running my stroller into people, blocking people, and gross, changing on tables?!?! NASTY! How am I going to eat at the parks ever again? Wipe down my table with hand sanitizer first?

In my case, I live far away from both parks. I don't think I would want to take a small child to Disney. What are they going to remember? -Okay, go ahead and flame me now.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 am

We took our youngest to DL for the first time when she was 16 months old. Used the restrooms for changing, didn't nail any ankles with the stroller, and parked in stroller parking areas. It was great to watch her reactions.

The best was just before we left we ran into Goofy. It was a chin dropping experience for her when Goofy got up close and made some funny noises.

Take the toddlers. Drive and park the strollers responsibly, and change diapers in the proper place. The kids will thank you later.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.