The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
fantasmike
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Post by fantasmike » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:03 am

I really dont get what it is with these people. You stand in front of them while you are in line grouping, and the same words come out of your mouth every 10 seconds, and yet, when you ask guests that one question, they have a look of utter confusion on their faces.

ME- HOw many in your party?
Guest- um......1,2....4....6..., I think we have 4.... o wait, 4 and a half!"
ME- 5?
Guest- no, four and a half!

I really dont get this! It is a simple question, and yet every time I egt it, they all say the same, they can never give me one answer, they have to think about it, and every time, they think it is so friggin cute if the lady is pregnant, and she says a half for the stupid fetus in her belly! I dont care about the unborn child that will have attributes of their moronic parents!

Considering all our attractions ask the same think, you would think that they would get a sloid count before they enter the ride right? NO, of course not, I guess the half hour wait made the brain fry, and now they have to count all over again.
Does a child count as only a half of a person? IF a child dies on a ride is it a halfasuality?

And then there is the famous trying to find the party of two so that the ride doesnt go empty, you yell,"party of Two!", and everyone looks at you as though you didnt know what the hell you were talking about. Then everyone looks at eachother, starts to think, and then you get the party torwards the end of the line that say that they have two, and come uthrough the whole line to be in front, and yet they have three. THen when you get ready to load the next car, the first person you talk to in line has two.... I dont get it....

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:01 am

now i know why everyone that moves from steam trains to Indy, wants to come back, and now i know why i'm going to miss it: at steam trains we are...

encouraged to underload, especially if it will take more then 2 minutes to load the whole train.

We're encourage to discourage spotloading... ie party of two, party of two?

and all i do is open the gate, let the people flow, until i think i'm full, then make spots for people who don't have room.

Gimme some soft serve!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:30 pm

I hate it when I'm loading and the parents don't count the children. Eventhough we allow lap sitting I still have to count off the party as they come through. Now at my location the guests in wheelchairs must wait in part of the queue, and then they spit off. At the point where they split off I hate it when a person in a wheelchair isn't the first one in the party and the party is a party of 12 to 15 and the rest of the party that was in front of the guest in the wheelchair gets all pissed off because I asked the person in the wheelchair how many in their party and they all have to backtrack.

Also what about when you ask them how many in their party and they say 5, but only two are at the load point, and rest of the party is half way back in the queue. We even have a spiel that says keep your party together in the preshow speil.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

VoodooDawn52
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Steamtrains loading

Post by VoodooDawn52 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:15 pm

God, I miss those days on steamtrains......but there's some room there!!! As guest points...." Ma'am there is another train right behind us," " But But But" I miss those days.......................... :twisted:

"Why are the seats wet?"
"Because its been raining!"
"Don't you guys clean them off?"
"Yeah when you slide down the row!"

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:20 pm

What about the deer caught in the headlights look? You ask how many in their party and they just stare. Sometimes it's a language barrier, but by the end of the day they should have figured out what that question is, since they've been asked all day.

Another favorite, when they don't count the kids at all. You ask how many they tell you 4. Four people go by, including kids, you go to stop what you think is the next group and suddenly there's like three more people in their group because kids don't count as people or something.

Or when they divide up the group in a way they think yhou want to know, like when the vehicle is a two seater and so they tell you two, when really it's six. You're at the point where you've almost filled up the vehicle, ask how many in the next group, they tell you two you think great it's full, then stop the next guest and they say but I'm with them.

I don't understand why it's such a difficult concept, I think I had it down at about age 6.

SassyTinkrBelle8
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Golden Dreams, CA Screamin', Maliboomer/Orange Stinger

Post by SassyTinkrBelle8 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:09 pm

Or when they divide up the group in a way they think you want to know, like when the vehicle is a two seater and so they tell you two, when really it's six. You're at the point where you've almost filled up the vehicle, ask how many in the next group, they tell you two you think great it's full, then stop the next guest and they say but I'm with them.
I HATE when that happens. Especially when:
me: how many
them: two, can we have the front please?
me: sure, row one.
Me: (to next group) how many?
them: We're with them (point to the "party of two" that I sent to row one)

I have to go get them, cuz we can't fit the party of four on rows one and two yet because our row one is about four trains long. so I make them wait to the side, and start to fill up four more trains, and they stand there looking mad because they think they are being cut in front of. UGH!!

The best is when they have like a party of five and they say "five, but we're gonna go two, two, and one."
:shock: REALLY?!! WOW!! I was gonna try to put three of you on one, and two of you on another one!! Silly me!! Do you want my name badge too? Should I give you my vest?!

I had a huge party one time that had no idea how many they had. Some of them were saying 14, 16, finally one said 20. I was so annoyed.

The sad part of all this, grouping is my favorite position!!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:15 pm

SassyTinkrBelle8 wrote:The best is when they have like a party of five and they say "five, but we're gonna go two, two, and one."
The attraction that I work at can fit 6 in a row, sometimes 7 or 8, and if they are small children I've fit 12 in a row. With that being said I've a guest say that to me once and they were a pary of five. So I split them up like they asked, and suddenly they got mad at me. :roll: I only did exactly what they said that they wanted to do. :twisted:

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

VoodooDawn52
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by VoodooDawn52 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:25 pm

I remember the time I had a party of 44---the only one who spoke english was in the front to tell me exactly how many was in their party----the attraction I was working at the time could only fit a maximum of 15 adults.......so it ended up being " Okay keep coming.....stop" as I put my arm out to stop and then rearrange everyone to the rows......Good times!!! :roll:

"Why are the seats wet?"
"Because its been raining!"
"Don't you guys clean them off?"
"Yeah when you slide down the row!"

Dalisair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Guest Reasearch

Post by Dalisair » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:54 am

We have to ask in one of our surveys how many people are in their group today... it's just as hard at the front gate as it is inisde obviously...

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:49 am

lady ulrike wrote:What about the deer caught in the headlights look? You ask how many in their party and they just stare. Sometimes it's a language barrier, but by the end of the day they should have figured out what that question is, since they've been asked all day.
the best way to deal with that one is, Cuanto? almost everytime i get that look it's from a spanish speaking familiy, of course after Indy day 1 (which is kicking my ass, in a good way) i saw that look more times in one day than i had in an entire two months of steam trains.

then there was the family that i told to got two in 3 in one and two in row two, and they went three and three, so i sent the next party to row one, then the misplaced party decided to place themselves, where i had told them, and so i moved the foun to row three, and for somereason it didn't compute with them that i said, sorry change of plans you're in 3 now, eh, but i got more than i should have expected from a family wearing lime green tie-dyed shirts.... eep!
Edited by CujoSR: Fixed Error in BBcode

Gimme some soft serve!