The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 pm

What deviations, its about how many are in your......

SQUIRREL!!!!
:dug:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:What deviations, its about how many are in your......

SQUIRREL!!!!
:dug:
I just met you but I think I love you :dug:

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Purpura wrote:I just met you but I think I love you :dug:
Not to nit-pick...eh, what the heck, I'm nit-picking!...the line, I believe is "I have just met you, and I love you."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Not to nit-pick...eh, what the heck, I'm nit-picking!...the line, I believe is "I have just met you, and I love you."
Purpura has her standards ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:12 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Purpura has her standards ;)
Standards! The one thing standing in my way from achieving many of my goals! :cat1:

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 pm

What sucks is when they count wrong, and so there is an extra person on the load platform. OK, now you have to go back behind the line. Go on, push your way back into the crowd. That's right. Yes. You have to stand behind that line. Go job on counting, now stand next to Mr Smelly Hairyman for a little bit longer.

Or when people mysteriously show up on the load platform, like they walked past you without noticing. Now of course for some reason it's full when it shouldn't be. I don't remember placing those people there :confused:

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I sometimes have the opposite problem. We don't have a grouping position at my ride (actually, none of our rides have permanent grouping positions. Some coasters add them on busy days.) We're a flume ride with boats where you straddle the bench. It's up to 4 adults, you can add two small children to that. Due to the continual dispatch, we just call guests forward. My favorite is when you say, "Next group" and the guest says, "3". Did I just ask you the number? No. I've found it's much easier to count when you get down here and decide if I need you to split up. Most don't need to.

I think one of my favorite conversations went like this: (after counting six adults in the party)

Me: The limit is 4 to a boat.
SG: But... there's SIX of us.
Me: The limit is still 4 to a boat.

Really? What part of my sentence was unclear? It's really fun to watch the guests panic when you tell them the limit is four, particularly when half the group waits behind the turnstile until the first half is already on and then tries to jump on.

Or when you call them forward and they refuse. A lot of times they think that you are going to seat them with a stranger, which we don't do on my ride due to the awkward seating position. Kids are particularly bad about this. I once had a lady shake her head no when I called her down. I never did figure out what that was about. I don't know how she thought she was going to board from the turnstiles.

Petite and Proud!

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 pm

At my park most of our rides don't have grouper positions either, most rides you just pick your row. Sometimes I get sent to one of our park's water attractions, it's a rapids ride like Kali River Rapids in WDW (except much older and pretty boring since all the effects have been turned off over the years). Anyway, since it's a much older model of the ride we don't a circular rotating platform like Kali but instead two seperate stations in which the boats are moved by three different conveyor belts. The first belt is for unloading, the second for loading and the third is just a holding spot to wait for the boat dispatched from the other station to be a far enough distance away.

On both stations our loaders group people. Our boats have 12 seats and we have plenty of signs in the station(s) saying so, but no matter what you constantly have the people who ask if their kid can ride in their lap because they have a party of say 13 or 14, or they never seem to know how many people they have in their group and act soooo suprised when they all can't fit into one boat because they said they had 6 while they really had 8 and the group ahead of them had 6.

I'm just so glad the ride is closed for the season now, now the only position kinda like that is merge and one of our double station coasters. I love when people insist on going into the station they first see when they walk in when the station is completley packed with people and the other station is practially empty. They are so suprised when I tell them the other side has a shorter wait, they tend to respond with something along the lines of "but we want to go on this ride!" "Both stations dispatch their trains onto the same track sir".

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 pm

There was a group of 10. Fine, I put them on one half of the vehicle, and other smaller groups on the other half. Then, when it comes time to load onto the vehicle, the large group tries to go in all at the same time (instead of one row at a time). They don't give a crap about the spiels I told them because they don't know English. They are too busy talking amongst themselves to pay attention. Then they try to sit on the other side of the vehicle where other guests are supposed to sit.

I tell them to move to their seat, but they don't understand so they sit there and stare at me. That's when they give me "but I want to sit here!" I just say "you need to move!" several times as they keep trying to sit in someone else' row. Finally they got up and said "whatever!"

You know, it's not a big deal to ask for a certain row, but then again, I guess you are too wrapped up with whatever you are talking about in your language and too selfish to think about the other guests.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote: We don't have a grouping position at my ride (actually, none of our rides have permanent grouping positions.
Sounds like self-check out at the grocery store. Do it yourself grouping!

Sometimes, at the Matterhorn, we used to get so frustrated grouping when the guests wouldn't listen, we'd call out "Festival seating!" and let them find their own seats! After catching your breath and getting a good laugh watching them scramble, you'd calm down and go back to grouping.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."