A Case of Mistaken Identity?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

A Case of Mistaken Identity?

Post by Freak » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 am

So, I was at my cart tonight, along the exit path for World of Color, granted we also have guests that try to enter the area to get to their respective holding areas (yellow and red are on the other side of where I was). I had an older lady, very determined to get some information. She was walking around and saw my cart and promptly walked up and asked me her question, straight faced and all:

"Sir, how do I get to Grizzly Adams?"

I almost...almost...alllmost started laughing. But I kept my cool thank goodness. I didn't correct her, and told her how to get to Grizzly River Run.

Backstage, we had a damn good laugh at this. It was genuinely funny.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: A Case of Mistaken Identity?

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 am

:D: That's pretty funny!

You could have asked her whether she wanted to ride Grizzly River Run or see either John Adams or John Quincy Adams at the Hall of Presidents... of course, given that she was on the wrong coast for that, I'm sure you did the right thing! :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 am

I would say he is in the wilderness with his bear Ben. :eek:

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Freak wrote:So, I was at my cart tonight, along the exit path for World of Color, granted we also have guests that try to enter the area to get to their respective holding areas (yellow and red are on the other side of where I was). I had an older lady, very determined to get some information. She was walking around and saw my cart and promptly walked up and asked me her question, straight faced and all:

"Sir, how do I get to Grizzly Adams?"

I almost...almost...alllmost started laughing. But I kept my cool thank goodness. I didn't correct her, and told her how to get to Grizzly River Run.

Backstage, we had a damn good laugh at this. It was genuinely funny.
I dunno, worst I ever had it was to choke back a laugh/choke when the young African American children who asked me where the "spook house" was.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Grizzly Adams had the runs, but he is ok now.

Corey

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 am

Recently, a Guest came up to me and asked me where the stardust ride was. I thought I heard wrong and asked her to repeat her question and she distinctly tells me stardust. O_o

I immediately thought of the fireworks, but then I took a stab in the dark and asked if she was talking about Star Tours. She says yes and I directed her to the ride. :rolleyes: Never heard that before.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 am

Hmmmmm, these stories,which seem to involve women inserting the wrong-but-related word, make me suspect the evils of peri-menopause :eek:
Be sweet, or they'll go all crazy on your @$$! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:I immediately thought of the fireworks, but then I took a stab in the dark and asked if she was talking about Star Tours. She says yes and I directed her to the ride.
Wow, your dark-stabbing is amazingly precise. :yourock:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Last week, I was here at the Orange Main library, and this 30-something couple come up to the librarian. SP=Stupid Patron.

SP: How can I get one of these television sets?
Librarian: They're not television sets, they're computers.
SP: What's a computer? :eek:

I'm amazed a riot didn't break out.

I mean, what rock did these people just crawl out from under? No, I didn't hang around to see if they got on the computers or not. I suspect not.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 am

felinefan wrote:I mean, what rock did these people just crawl out from under? No, I didn't hang around to see if they got on the computers or not. I suspect not.
You should whip out your cell phone and go "this is a telephone with no wire" and see how they react to that. :D: