Meeting the Mad Hatter....and his fans???

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Meeting the Mad Hatter....and his fans???

Post by darph nader » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Freak wrote:Yeah, some guests get really attached to those characters. I know at Knott's I had a few guests who apparently really liked my character I put on @ Calico Mine Ride. I'd often go into the mountain so I could get to our break room without being on stage for my groupies to stalk/follow me.
It wasn't the 'Prairie Sisters' was it? :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:51 pm

darph nader wrote:It wasn't the 'Prairie Sisters' was it? :eek:
:D: :D: Think they are long gone. My insurance guy hopes they are. Ha! Good recall & post darph. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Linda Skywalker liked Luke so much she had her name legally changed. She has been banned from the park before (I believe). One year Luke got a bit testy with her as she really had no boundaries, and she decided to go after Jack Sparrow instead. She then became obsessed with the High School Musical Show.

The characters don't mind the regular guests who are polite, but those that do not have a sense of boundaries or who bother the other guests and interfere with their experience are not looked kindly upon. Disney in particular gets some scary entertainment stalkers. It's kind of scary some of the stories that you hear when you work in that department.

Petite and Proud!

Melanie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Melanie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Linda Skywalker liked Luke so much she had her name legally changed. She has been banned from the park before (I believe). One year Luke got a bit testy with her as she really had no boundaries, and she decided to go after Jack Sparrow instead. She then became obsessed with the High School Musical Show.

The characters don't mind the regular guests who are polite, but those that do not have a sense of boundaries or who bother the other guests and interfere with their experience are not looked kindly upon. Disney in particular gets some scary entertainment stalkers. It's kind of scary some of the stories that you hear when you work in that department.
Lol one day I probably will hear them I'm sure...

When it was mentioned I googled "Linda Skywalker" and got this youtube video. I was watching the girl in the yellow that was staring at her and whispering to her dad. That's probably what I looked like in November, but older and with my mom. ;) Also, can't figure out how the park even let her in dressed like this? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lU0Lwq ... r_embedded

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:45 pm

She comes in HS musical "costumes" all the time. I am still waiting for hte video to load so I'm not sure if that is what she is wearing, but probably. The problem with HSM, is that the costumes are regular clothes and she is not technically dressing as a character. Linda is notorious, so I wonder if they decided that was a battle they did not want to fight so long as she was not representing herself as a CM. There are certain times when costumes are allowed. I know for Star Wars Weekends they allow the local 504 to come, but they have to agree (I think they sign something) not to sign autographs or represent themselves as a Disney character if a guest asks for their picture.

ETA: saw the video. We hate when guests do that. It takes the attention off hte performers and puts it on the desk. If we pull you into dance, that's awesome! But don't try to make the show about you, and don't stand in front of the kids making a spectacle of yourself like that.

Petite and Proud!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:23 am

Local 504? Or Local 501st? I know some boys in the 501st. Real cool guys. Almost joined till I saw how much it'd cost to make my own set of armor! :eek:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:36 am

Melanie wrote:Lol one day I probably will hear them I'm sure...

When it was mentioned I googled "Linda Skywalker" and got this youtube video. I was watching the girl in the yellow that was staring at her and whispering to her dad. That's probably what I looked like in November, but older and with my mom. ;) Also, can't figure out how the park even let her in dressed like this? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lU0Lwq ... r_embedded
Well, it looks like she hasn't quite figured out all of the dance steps yet :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 am

Psh, time to toss out HSM and start shuffling anyway. That's where its at. :D:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 am

Aw Linda is sweet. She's not crazy, just a really avid fan of Star Wars.

She wasn't "banned" from the park that one "infamous year", she was asked to leave (and had done so) because the costume she put together was, uh, a little risque for the parks.

As for Luke, she walks with him to the switchback (or mouse hole, whatever the hell they're calling them these days), and waves bye, then walks around waiting for him to come back.

But, getting to the Hatter Fans, maybe that girl is following in Linda's footsteps. . .

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Freak wrote:Local 504? Or Local 501st? I know some boys in the 501st. Real cool guys. Almost joined till I saw how much it'd cost to make my own set of armor! :eek:
what would that cost?

I thought that a lot of them just bought it from the local storm trouper armorer! :cool:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?