Meeting the Mad Hatter....and his fans???

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Melanie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Meeting the Mad Hatter....and his fans???

Post by Melanie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:31 pm

I was at DL this past November and met a very entertaining Mad Hatter. He invited me to come back for musical chairs and of course I was very excited. However, there was a girl there who didn't seem to want to leave me/him alone? :confused: I did not know her, thought maybe she knew him, but apparently she just comes a LOT. He knew her by name, seemed very friendly about it, but later at musical chairs I found it a little....uh...weird.

I don't know she just didn't seem to want to let other people have "their time" with him. I know it's fun to watch the characters but I was totally happy sitting back in a chair and watching from a distance. When she wasn't "bothering" him she was trying to tell me all about how often she is there...I just wanted to relax.

I know they don't act bothered but I can't help but feel this MUST get on your nerves seeing the same, uh, strange people all the time. It just didn't seem normal to me and she was bothering me just the hour or so she hovered around ME and I was not in character...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Meeting the Mad Hatter....and his fans???

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Wow, I think I know how annoying that can be for various reasons that I think I will refrain from mentioning here.

Hello Melanie, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Melanie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Melanie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:38 pm

It was so awkward and uncomfortable. The character, I think, was super nice about it, but of course she is always there so he doesn't pay too much attention to her. Mad Hatter and I were chatting it up and we ran into each other about three times that day, and honestly I think she was sorta jelous that he was talking to me so much?! :eek:

And thank you so much for the welcome! This reminds me so much of working at my pretzel place and all the weird things people ask for ("No sir, we don't have a bacon cheeseburger pretzel?!).

Am I the only one this has happened to? lol.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 pm

There is a group out there of teenage boys and girls, mostly girls that follow Mad Hatter and Alice around all day, waiting for them. They would hang around them and act like they own them. They are just so possesive. They are the know as there Hatter Fan Girls. It has come to it that they have a special nick names for each of the Mad Hatters and Alice.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Melanie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Melanie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:04 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:There is a group out there of teenage boys and girls, mostly girls that follow Mad Hatter and Alice around all day, waiting for them. They would hang around them and act like they own them. They are just so possesive. They are the know as there Hatter Fan Girls. It has come to it that they have a special nick names for each of the Mad Hatters and Alice.
Do they characters mind?? Why do I feel like they get backstage and wipe their brows? lol.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 am

Melanie wrote:Do they characters mind?? Why do I feel like they get backstage and wipe their brows? lol.
They probably do, at least it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 am

Melanie wrote:I know they don't act bothered but I can't help but feel this MUST get on your nerves seeing the same, uh, strange people all the time. It just didn't seem normal to me and she was bothering me just the hour or so she hovered around ME and I was not in character...
Very weird but harmless AP from Cypress.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 pm

That is just odd behavior. Not quite to the Linda Skywalker degree, but in the same direction. But great first post(s), Melanie!

:sgthello:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Melanie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Melanie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 pm

BRWombat wrote:That is just odd behavior. Not quite to the Linda Skywalker degree, but in the same direction. But great first post(s), Melanie!

:sgthello:

:D: :D: :D:
Haha thanks. I can see why this site is so awesome...I've been dying to ask someone if I was the only one that thought this was strange for a while!!

I LOVE Mad Hatter! He is my favorite Disney character (as well as Alice of course), but I just can't imagine doing this to them. =/

And uh...Linda Skywalker? :confused: Enlighten me? :p:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, some guests get really attached to those characters. I know at Knott's I had a few guests who apparently really liked my character I put on @ Calico Mine Ride. I'd often go into the mountain so I could get to our break room without being on stage for my groupies to stalk/follow me.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.