Grad Night SGTs

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Grad Night SGTs

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm

hobie16 wrote:Perfectly understandable. Anyone living under a bush probably doesn't have the best memory.
I wish I didn't have such a good memory of living under a Bush....

Note: The above is a joke, not (entirely) a political statement. When it comes to straight lines, I'm an equal opportunity offender.

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 am

Zazu wrote:I wish I didn't have such a good memory of living under a Bush....
Heh! :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

I worked at will call at SF one grad nite and a girl managed to loose her ticket in the 15 minutes she had it. Her teacher ended up having to buy a walk up ticket for her. I would've just let her in, but it was not my call to make.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 pm

yeah, the grads are our future, scary, huh? :eek:
Fast Food Workers of America, Unite!

Corey

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:20 pm

drcorey wrote:yeah, the grads are our future, scary, huh? :eek:
Fast Food Workers of America, Unite!
Where have I heard that before..Oh, yea...that's what my parents said about my generation. :o:

:goofy: :goofy:

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure most teenagers are alright, it is just the bad ones stick out more in one's memories than those who don't do anything to call attention to themselves.
I have my doubts. I know there are a lot of really good teens, but there seem to be fewer and fewer every year. Teens and even children say things to adults that would have been unimaginable in the 1960's or at least before 1967. I think its been downhill since then.

Those rude teens now grow up to the rude drivers on the road, the rude people at restaurants, the rude people on your flight, the rude people at the grocery store and on it goes....

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Wed May 25, 2011 12:59 pm

LadySiren wrote:I won't tell you *when* I went to my DL grad nite (lets just say the current generation probably thinks they used stone tablets and chisels ala the Flinstones in my day and age) but I do remember that we had to actually wear nice clothes. I mean dresses and slacks w/button-down shirts. I don't know if that was a school rule or if it was something DL required, but it did seem to cut down on the number of fights we had.
So am I hearing that the grads no longer have to dress-up? In my day the boys had to wear a suit, girls had to wear a dress. My sister almost wasn't let in for her grad night for wearing a dressy pant suit. Only a phone call from Dick Nunis to Maingate got her in after my mother called Dick at home at 10:30PM.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed May 25, 2011 3:41 pm

tommy_b wrote:So am I hearing that the grads no longer have to dress-up? In my day the boys had to wear a suit, girls had to wear a dress. My sister almost wasn't let in for her grad night for wearing a dressy pant suit. Only a phone call from Dick Nunis to Maingate got her in after my mother called Dick at home at 10:30PM.
Talk about friends in high places. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

tommy_b wrote:So am I hearing that the grads no longer have to dress-up? In my day the boys had to wear a suit, girls had to wear a dress. My sister almost wasn't let in for her grad night for wearing a dressy pant suit. Only a phone call from Dick Nunis to Maingate got her in after my mother called Dick at home at 10:30PM.
They don't have to wear a suit and dresses, but they have to be modest. Otherwise, Costuming will provide proper clothing. :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed May 25, 2011 6:27 pm

I read from a source that the MK will not be hosting Grad Nites in 2012?

One of my friends was telling me that he was working on Main Street when this senior was obviously drunk and possible on drugs...He decided to run down the street in his bathing suit and was arrested quickly.

Then the year before one of my friends told me that a senior scaled the train station roof and got busted.

What happen when we went? I graduated in 1987. Grad Nite was 11 pm to 6 am. Girls had to wear dresses ad flat shoes. They guys had to wear suits. :)