Grad Night SGTs

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
thankwalt
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Grad Night SGTs

Post by thankwalt » Sun May 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Last year I (unfortunately) took a trip to DL during a week alot of shools were having Grad Nights. The park was full of large, unsupervised teens. At Grizzly River in DCA we used a locker to store our stuff and when we returned 3 girls were leaning up against the lockers so we couldn't get to ours. I approached with a smile and politely asked them if we could get to our locker. One of the girls turned to me and started screaming, "You don't have to yell at me!" :mad: .They then took off in a huff yelling some more negative stuff at us, cursing. We had two children under 10 with us. We called back after them and said, "Thank you!" This seemed to make them angrier :p: .

So with California schools nearing the end of the year, I was wondering if anyone had some great GN stories to share.
:congrats:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Grad Night SGTs

Post by Main Streeter » Mon May 24, 2010 5:24 am

thankwalt wrote:Last year I (unfortunately) took a trip to DL during a week alot of shools were having Grad Nights. The park was full of large, unsupervised teens.
Grad Nites are on Thurs. & a one or two Wed. They begin @ 2100 in DCA, or they used to. The grads enter DL @ 2400 or a bit before. You probably did see teens unsupervised but they were not attending Grad Nite during the day, & if you were a guest you & friends would not be allowed in parks during Grad Nites. Regular guests & grads - not a good mix, nor good show.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon May 24, 2010 9:33 pm

DCA closes at 6 pm. Grad nites usually start at 10 pm. DCA gets the grads from 10 pm to 11:30 pm. Short hours, dang! Then DL gets the grads 11:30 pm to 6 am. Main Streeter is right. The grads are baricated off to a different area of the esponade.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 pm

thankwalt wrote:One of the girls turned to me and started screaming, "You don't have to yell at me!" They then took off in a huff yelling some more negative stuff at us, cursing.

I swear, most teenagers are the devil.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:I swear, most teenagers are the devil.
Actually, I'm pretty sure most teenagers are alright, it is just the bad ones stick out more in one's memories than those who don't do anything to call attention to themselves.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue May 25, 2010 5:29 pm

I see allot of high school kids on the weekends. They can get annoying in groups. They become snotty at the QSR stands when it comes to food. :mad:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure most teenagers are alright, it is just the bad ones stick out more in one's memories than those who don't do anything to call attention to themselves.
Yeah, that's a good point.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue May 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:I swear, most teenagers are the devil.
I am not fond of the teenage high school groups. They are loud, obnoxious, and think are all that and a bag of chips. Teenagers solo or in small clusters are ok, it's the one is huge clans that you gotta watch out for, :twisted:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 am

Mt friends worked last weeks grad nite. My friend was sent out to sell water along the walk way to Small World. The beverage cart that he had can hold over 300 bottles of soft drinks. That evening he was selling water. He sold out in 1 hour. Dang! I hate to be in his shoes.

The kids yesterday were bad. I kept on hearing BTRR stopping and telling the kids to keep their arms and legs inside the train. Then I heard please keep your body under the seat bars. :mad: DUH! That bar keeps you from falling out my dears. Do you really want to come home in a dead body bag? Safety first, ignore the safety warning and security will meet you and kick you off the property for being stupid. :twisted:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu May 27, 2010 12:46 pm

turkeyham wrote:Mt friends worked last weeks grad nite. My friend was sent out to sell water along the walk way to Small World. The beverage cart that he had can hold over 300 bottles of soft drinks. That evening he was selling water. He sold out in 1 hour. Dang! I hate to be in his shoes.

The kids yesterday were bad. I kept on hearing BTRR stopping and telling the kids to keep their arms and legs inside the train. Then I heard please keep your body under the seat bars. :mad: DUH! That bar keeps you from falling out my dears. Do you really want to come home in a dead body bag? Safety first, ignore the safety warning and security will meet you and kick you off the property for being stupid. :twisted:
I remember reading that if you do get kicked out, so does the rest of your class? and that your high school can't come back next year?

talk about peer pressure!! :cool:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?