Grad Night SGTs

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Grad Night SGTs

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I heard allot of the stories. Yes, I did hear about the SG grad that was climbing up on the train station. I heard that the baby center was a holding area for some of the grads. I heard a grad offered to pay money to a female to a fox unit and was arrested on the spot. :eek:

I ended up hearing about 20 grads were arrested. I wonder how many they will have this evening? :eek:

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:27 am

Zazu wrote:A few years back, buses from rival schools pulled up next to one another in the parking lot on arrival for grad night. The kids almost immediately got into a fight with one another. I love the Disney response:

First, Security and management surrounded the fight and let it continue until they were all good and done. Then they let the Alpha Unit work on the kids one at a time until the bleeding was all stopped. *Then* they were informed they weren't going to grad night and were told to get back on their buses.

And finally, they were informed that their bus drivers couldn't even take them home for another eight hours because they had to have their legal rest.

Yup, two busloads of unruly and unworthy kids spent about nine hours sitting on a bus in the parking lot at the TTC. Their faculty sponsors took turns glaring at them, and I understand that they weren't allowed to use cell phones, ipods, or any other form of entertainment. Plus they had only the bus loo -- Disney wouldn't let them off the buses to use the restrooms.

And of course the news that the next five classes from their schools were also banned was sent home ahead of them.

Don't you just love it when karma strikes with an iron fist like that? Even *I* can't find a smiley that shows *that* much violence!
:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: Now THAT is awesome! I have to be honest the Grad nights I work a while back was nice. We didn't hear of any incidents or anything weird and I had no trouble with any of the teens. On the contrary they were better than regular ppl. So I guess I got lucky. I guess that since I did the event to see the chaos Karma stroke for me and it was a nice quiet night.

scpergj
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by scpergj » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:31 pm

chelleb wrote:Yes, we had to dress up also, akin to the "sunday best" when I was a kid. I remember it made us all feel special to be dressed up so much in an amusement park, lol.
We had to do the same thing...and all I'll say about when was it was the '80's...

Our home park was WDW - which in those days meant MK for Grad Nite...since the only other park was EPCOT, and it was brand new...

chelleb
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by chelleb » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:41 pm

scpergj wrote:We had to do the same thing...and all I'll say about when was it was the '80's...

Our home park was WDW - which in those days meant MK for Grad Nite...since the only other park was EPCOT, and it was brand new...
You have a few years on me, lol. I went in 92, and it was MK for us too. In retrospect I saw so little of the park that night, lol.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

I heard that the grad nite we had on Thursday, there were allot of taggers in the park. :eek: :mad:

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:27 am

chelleb wrote:Yes, we had to dress up also, akin to the "sunday best" when I was a kid. I remember it made us all feel special to be dressed up so much in an amusement park, lol.
>grin< We had the opportunity to take a friend along on a trip that included lunch at Club 33 and have great pictures of him on Splash Mountain wearing a tie.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:19 pm

yeah, in the 80's it was way different.
around '82 at WDW in MK I lived there for a week and was never caught. I lived mostly between HM and the train tunnel, near the restrooms. security never found me. I had money for food and stuff thou. in the morning when I saw the people I would just walk around like a regular guest. you could never do it now.
you do have to watch out for the maintance crews thou. worst part is the sound effects from the HM don't get turned off for hours. hearing the same soundtracks over and over and over will drive you nuts.

Corey

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 pm

:eek: You are nuts.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 pm

turkeyham wrote: :eek: You are nuts.
I was young and restless.

Corey

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:42 pm

drcorey wrote:I was young and restless.
No, I'm betting on nuts. The Haunted Mansion at MK is a whole long way from either of the railroad tunnels. If you were staying halfway between them you'd be smack in the middle of Front Street in Frontierland.

Are you sure you aren't making up a story about Disneyland instead?

Zazu