Grad Night SGTs

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Grad Night SGTs

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri May 27, 2011 11:59 am

tommy_b wrote:So am I hearing that the grads no longer have to dress-up? In my day the boys had to wear a suit, girls had to wear a dress. My sister almost wasn't let in for her grad night for wearing a dressy pant suit. Only a phone call from Dick Nunis to Maingate got her in after my mother called Dick at home at 10:30PM.
Well good riddance if that rule is gone. It's rampantly sexist if they have a problem with a properly formal pants suit on a woman.

8^/

Orlanr
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Orlanr » Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Zazu wrote:No, I'm betting on nuts. The Haunted Mansion at MK is a whole long way from either of the railroad tunnels. If you were staying halfway between them you'd be smack in the middle of Front Street in Frontierland.

Are you sure you aren't making up a story about Disneyland instead?
Nice Catch Zaz.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Orlanr wrote:Nice Catch Zaz.
Yeah, there's a reason drcorey is on my ignore list. If I want to read jokes that aren't funny, there are plenty of other places to go.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Night of Joy = Night of Felons = Night of No Joy :shudders at the memories: :twisted:

Just more stupid guests, people who don't practice their ministry, etc.

And yes, many who were there because ministries were reaching out to the less than fortunate groups.

I never met a more unchristian, ignorant group of people that I did working NOJ

NOJ is one of the things that I DON'T miss about WDW.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Amphigorey wrote:If I want to read jokes that aren't funny, there are plenty of other places to go.
Most of those other places are found on this board! :cat1:

As to the matter at hand, it does sound like it is another case of the ignorant and self-important ruining something that could have been very nice.

EDIT: *blinks as JabberJaws appears* Whoa! Is this a milestone, or a sign I'm posting way too often? Do I need a bigger boat?

o/` Who's gonna talk like Curly, since Curly isn't here?
Who's gonna chase down villains and then turn around and run in fear? o/`

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:51 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:EDIT: *blinks as JabberJaws appears* Whoa! Is this a milestone, or a sign I'm posting way too often? Do I need a bigger boat?
JabberJaw appears when someone makes over 500 posts. Congrats!

Oh, and there's not a big enough boat, anywhere. Never has been, never will be.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Oh, and there's not a big enough boat, anywhere. Never has been, never will be.
Once you get a boat, you're always thinking what you could do with an extra foot. Once you get into the 75+ foot range, you start thinking what you could do with an extra ten feet.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Once you get a boat, you're always thinking what you could do with an extra foot. Once you get into the 75+ foot range, you start thinking what you could do with an extra ten feet.
There is a common disease peculiar to boat owners known as Twofootitis. The only cure is a fat wallet but sadly, it's a cronic, reccuring malady.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.