things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 am

GaTechGal wrote:In a town down by the airport they passes some sort of ordinance restricint breastfeeding in public of children older than two. There was a lot of hoo-haw and a sit in of some sort of breastfeeing women. But most of them were UNDER 2 and wouldn't be covered by the law. It's also in line with language in other similar ordinances in the surrounding area.
I had a lady on my boat once who was one of those who just whipped it out for all to see to breastfeed her child who was approximately 4 or 5.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 am

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:11 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Kinda like this?
So, I clicked on this. And then while it was loading, I thought to myself, why did I click on this? I don't wanna see whatever it is and closed the window. So thank you for sharing, but ummmm.....yeah, I don't wanna see it, isn't that the point of this thread? :D:

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 am

lady ulrike wrote:So, I clicked on this. And then while it was loading, I thought to myself, why did I click on this? I don't wanna see whatever it is and closed the window. So thank you for sharing, but ummmm.....yeah, I don't wanna see it, isn't that the point of this thread? :D:
We saw that movie. I wonder if that kid was scarred for life having to play that part. Why do they make child actors do things like that?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:52 pm

On Game of Thrones,it is Waaaaaay Worse! :eek:
Yes, wonder if it is legal or child abuse at a certain age :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Whazzup wrote:We saw that movie. I wonder if that kid was scarred for life having to play that part. Why do they make child actors do things like that?
DisneyMom wrote:On Game of Thrones,it is Waaaaaay Worse! :eek:
Yes, wonder if it is legal or child abuse at a certain age :confused:
They had to have some sort of workaround, so he didn't actually see anything. I mean, they can kill all sorts of animals on the screen without harming them, this should be easy. Use a camera distance and zoom lens, and he could have been 20 feet away. Or, green screen...

That, or he was still going to Mom for the milk...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TechieSidhe » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

lady ulrike wrote:You are making an attempt at covering, that's completely different than those whom I've seen who literally just pull it out and flash the world (and sometimes with children who are way too old to be breastfeeding, but that's a whole other topic).
That would be the Blazing Saddles theory of breastfeeding. "Excuse me while I whip this out..."

I don't have a problem seeing a woman's whole breast. If that's the only problem I have for the day, then that would be a pretty excellent day for me. But, in a public place like Disney or an airport, there are a lot of diverse populations that are not as comfortable seeing the entire breast exposed. It's considerate to others that you try to be discrete.

To be fair, I also have the same issue with some of the public displays of affection I see in public from both heterosexual and homosexual couples. There's kissing, and then there's "get a room."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

I have no problem with mothers nursing their babies...that what breasts are for, not just someones playthings.

It's the other boobs walking around the parks that bother me. :rolleyes:

:goofy: :goofy:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I have no problem with mothers nursing their babies...that what breasts are for, not just someones playthings.

It's the other boobs walking around the parks that bother me. :rolleyes:
:thumbsup:

Zazu

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Whazzup wrote:We saw that movie. I wonder if that kid was scarred for life having to play that part. Why do they make child actors do things like that?
Have you seen Kick Ass? I'm surprised at what they make kids do, but in reality, Hollywood doesn't care as long as they make money from it.

On the other hand, do you know Quagmire? Giggity.