things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm all for breastfeeding and I thank deeply the many mothers that have the decency to cover up.

I just don't want to encounter a scene like this: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=38572

Wow :eek:
You should never breastfeed while driving. So many health issues apparent here :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm

As I mentioned before in this thread, I am not unsympathetic to mothers who choose to breast-feed their babies. I can also understand that they can't always choose when their child will get hungry, and that breast-feeding is a "natural act".

However, that being said, I still feel that the mother should try to make some effort to be discrete. Personally, I think that the Florida and California laws tends to go a bit too far in its attempt to protect the mother's right to breast-feed, though that might just be me.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I love breast feeding!
my gf used to take me to el pollo loco for them.

Corey

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 pm

ok i now work security for a shopping are in north oc i can go with out two men trying to have sex with the other

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 am

PatchOBlack wrote:
However, that being said, I still feel that the mother should try to make some effort to be discrete. Personally, I think that the Florida and California laws tends to go a bit too far in its attempt to protect the mother's right to breast-feed, though that might just be me.
Yes, it's just you.

I'm childfree and sterile, so I'll never personally be in a position where it's relevant to me, but I think those laws are important.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Amphigorey wrote:Yes, it's just you.

I'm childfree and sterile, so I'll never personally be in a position where it's relevant to me, but I think those laws are important.
I don't believe I said those laws were unimportant. Please note that I simply said I thought they went too far in attempting to protect a mother's choice to breast-feed.

As for it being "just me", right now we have one vote that it is so. Anyone else?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I don't believe I said those laws were unimportant. Please note that I simply said I thought they went too far in attempting to protect a mother's choice to breast-feed.

As for it being "just me", right now we have one vote that it is so. Anyone else?

Anyone else watching Game of Thrones? I'm loving it, but it will put you off breastfeeding entirely!!!!! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:03 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I don't believe I said those laws were unimportant. Please note that I simply said I thought they went too far in attempting to protect a mother's choice to breast-feed.

No, it's not just you. I know lots of people who feel the same way. Do I agree with that opinion? No. But you're not alone in it.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 am

Politics, religion and breast feeding. Three conversations from which I steer clear.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 am

Amphigorey wrote:Yes, it's just you.

>mwah!<

I'm right with you. Those laws are important and they're written the way they are for a reason. The loopholes that prudes were using to try to prevent woman from naturally feeding their babies were closed over a course of years.

I always carry a blanket when breastfeeding. That way if we're distressing anyone, I can offer it to them to put over their head.