My First Stupid Guest Trick

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

My First Stupid Guest Trick

Post by Cloud Buster » Tue May 04, 2004 11:43 pm

Here we go, here is the short and unimpressive tale of my very first stupid guest trick!!

Today I went to the resort as a guest (thanks everyone for your help & advice on parking and entering backstage when doing so), primarily to see the Parade of Stars since I've never seen it before and am probably going to be working it along with the EP. I was kind of hoping to sneak onto ToT, so I went to DCA first but unfortunately I couldn't get on (private party, probably press and management). So I decided before I hopped over to Disneyland, I'd hit the single rider on Soarin'.

I was on the right side of the building. For whatever reason, the C rows of seats (all the way to the right) were not being seated, I think there was a malfunction with the seatbelts. Being a single, I was the last person in line for area B, row 1.

As everyone walks into the seating area, about half of the row 1 guests get confused as to where to sit. Half of them follow the arrow and sit in area B on the left of us, and the other half sit in area C on our right. Even though it wasn't really my job, I politely pointed out to them that the arrow is pointing left, and they all should sit in area B. They realize I'm right, but by this time the other half of row 1 guests (which consisted of a woman and her daughters and their friends) have taken up ALL of row 1 by sitting in random seats and placing their bags on the others. The other guests say to themselves "Well, where do we sit?" and I say to the woman and her kids "I think we should move all the way down so we can all sit in this row". Remember, to them I was just another guest. She completely ignores me, until the CM working load walks up and asks everyone to move all the way down so everyone can sit.

As they're fublimng around moving, and the others are trying to sit, I turn to the CM and say "I feel your pain. I just got hired". She asked where I was working, and we talked for a minute waiting for the others to settle so I could sit, as my seat was the last one. The problem was, the daughter of the woman is STILL sitting in the last seat where I'm supposed to sit, her mother next to her, and her bags on the seat after that. I politely ask if her and her daughter can move down one so I can sit, and she says "No, my daughter is sitting here. You'll have to wait for the next ride." I then explained to her that a specific number of guests are lined up for each row so that there is a seat for everyone, and we can all ride if she puts her bags away where they are supposed to go (under the seat) and moves over. She then gets up and gives me a nasty look as she begins putting her bags away, snapping "WE WERE HERE FIRST!".

After I sat down and put my seatbelt on, the load CM came up next to me, tapped me on the shoulder and whispered "Now I feel your pain!"

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue May 04, 2004 11:57 pm

At least you got to sit in B1. Best damn seat in the house.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

TheyMakeMeSigh
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TheyMakeMeSigh » Wed May 05, 2004 7:38 pm

Believe me, after 1-1/2 years working Soarin' I have seen everything in the book. That is a classic one... people sit where they want to not where they are supposed to. You made the mistake of explaining too much. You will find it is much easier to just tell them what they need to do instead of explaining why... it'll save you a lot of time. Besides most guests are too dumb to comprehend anything in such a short amount of time. But you were a 'guest' at the time so explaining was required or you would have been rude. Good luck, and welcome to the world of guest riducule :)
p.s. anything in B1-B2 is fine with me

Thunder, Indy, F!
Soarin', Trail, EP

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Mon May 10, 2004 4:43 am

Don't worry! It'll get worse!

Don't be nice to them, be "polite". If it's for safety or curious they won't comprehend. Just tell them to do it and he robots, most of the time, will obey.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

ucf disneyfan
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ucf disneyfan » Sat May 22, 2004 2:49 pm

Try working Splash.....sometimes all you need to do is turn your head for 2 seconds and there are people all over the place. I constantly have people refusing to get in because they don't want to get wet. One time I had a family who told me they didn't get in the log because the family in the front two rows were too fat and they'd make a big splash. I've been working Splash Mtn for over a year and that is still the rudest comment I've heard to date.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: My First Stupid Guest Trick

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 pm

ucf disneyfan wrote: One time I had a family who told me they didn't get in the log because the family in the front two rows were too fat and they'd make a big splash. I've been working Splash Mtn for over a year and that is still the rudest comment I've heard to date.
Wow, that is so rude. I think security would have had to been called if someone said that about me. People just do not have any manners these days

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am

Reminds me of the time when I was working at an airport hotel. I had had an issue with the large shuttle so I took a smaller van for a crew. Well, this family got on board and yes, they were rather large and had a hard time getting up into the van. One of the United crewmembers I had on board said (loudly enough to be heard by me outside the van) "Well, maybe if you lost some weight, you cow...".

I made some calls to United, sent her info to my sales manager and within a couple days found out that this flight attendant was no longer working for the airline.

What's really funny, the airlines have to sign in to their rooms with their name and personnel number. This flight attendant, knowing the gravity of what she had just done (insulting someone while in crew uniform) didn't sign in using her real name. I know because I took a look at her ID, and back then I was VERY good at memorizing numbers, I can still remember my first e-Ticket number on my first time flying alone). It also turns out the rest of her crew threw her under the Airbus (I bet you didn't see that one coming) as soon as they got to their rooms.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Reminds me of the time when I was working at an airport hotel. I had had an issue with the large shuttle so I took a smaller van for a crew. Well, this family got on board and yes, they were rather large and had a hard time getting up into the van. One of the United crewmembers I had on board said (loudly enough to be heard by me outside the van) "Well, maybe if you lost some weight, you cow...".

I made some calls to United, sent her info to my sales manager and within a couple days found out that this flight attendant was no longer working for the airline.

What's really funny, the airlines have to sign in to their rooms with their name and personnel number. This flight attendant, knowing the gravity of what she had just done (insulting someone while in crew uniform) didn't sign in using her real name. I know because I took a look at her ID, and back then I was VERY good at memorizing numbers, I can still remember my first e-Ticket number on my first time flying alone). It also turns out the rest of her crew threw her under the Airbus (I bet you didn't see that one coming) as soon as they got to their rooms.
hehehe, Menopause approaches for her :twisted: Good Job Wallaby!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: