Policing of GAC Cards

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Policing of GAC Cards

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:28 pm

I have always thought the policy with GAC cards should be :

Green Light/Wish Kids - Let them bypass the lines and get them on the ride or give them the best spots for shows.

The very popular double arrow cards that cause a lot of frustration should allow the whoever the guest with the issue and a companion to bypass the line and the rest of the party wait in line. The person who the GAC is issued to can wait for the rest of their party at the end of the line or in a special waiting area. So if you have a autisic child then you and your child can wait in a quiet area or at the front while the rest of your party comes through the normal line. I just honestly never saw a reason why we have GAC with huge parties go through the Fastpass lanes upsetting other guest and cms alike. This is what they do for the GAC people when they want to meet the characters. Why cant attractions do it as well? It just seems fair

The other cards dont really cause any problems as far as I have seen

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Actually, for the characters, most locations do not accept the GAC (except for MAW/GKTW). The only ones that do are indoor locations (like Toontown used to do).

And for the special waiting area- this wouldn't work for all attractions. I know for the 2 I work at, there is no room (especially at GMR).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Carrie6466
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Carrie6466 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:15 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I have always thought the policy with GAC cards should be :

Green Light/Wish Kids - Let them bypass the lines and get them on the ride or give them the best spots for shows.

The very popular double arrow cards that cause a lot of frustration should allow the whoever the guest with the issue and a companion to bypass the line and the rest of the party wait in line. The person who the GAC is issued to can wait for the rest of their party at the end of the line or in a special waiting area. So if you have a autisic child then you and your child can wait in a quiet area or at the front while the rest of your party comes through the normal line. I just honestly never saw a reason why we have GAC with huge parties go through the Fastpass lanes upsetting other guest and cms alike. This is what they do for the GAC people when they want to meet the characters. Why cant attractions do it as well? It just seems fair

The other cards dont really cause any problems as far as I have seen
Honestly? We have only my husband, my dd and myself only on almost all of our trips, everywhere. Daughter is 8, son is 22, so family trips...not so much :rolleyes: I've never used a GAC for meeting a character. I didn't even imagine that you could. We learned on our frist trip with our dd that character meals save me a LOT of aggravation. Mostly, though, we do fast pass. The GAC is more of an ins. policy for us when/if things start to go downhill. It really doesn't happen much, I'm a really good planner :D: Actually we used something similar more at Sesame Place the past 2 summers, than I've ever used the GAC at WDW. I think it was our 3rd trip with her before we even learned about a GAC. Told by a CM after a particularly stressful meltdown at Winnie the Pooh.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

NemoRanger wrote:
The very popular double arrow cards that cause a lot of frustration should allow the whoever the guest with the issue and a companion to bypass the line and the rest of the party wait in line. The person who the GAC is issued to can wait for the rest of their party at the end of the line or in a special waiting area. So if you have a autisic child then you and your child can wait in a quiet area or at the front while the rest of your party comes through the normal line. I just honestly never saw a reason why we have GAC with huge parties go through the Fastpass lanes upsetting other guest and cms alike.

The problem with that is that parties want to stay together. They come to amusement parks to spend time together, this includes the time they spend
together in line. Fair enough, just as long as it is a group of 6 at the exit and not a group of 10+. The other problem I've encountered (at other parks) is that people (disabled) arrive at the waiting area which is at the station and get mad when I tell them it is a 30 minute wait. They don't understand why they can't just sit in any empty seat. You try telling them that it is not single rider and that alternative waiting area doesn't mean fill in the next empty seat. But they don't care, they say that they are disabled and shouldn't have to wait. :mad: It is a lost cause with some guests.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:16 am

Knott's used to do the "load GAC guest ASAP" when I worked there, but during Haunt or any hi-cap day, they had to wait in line just as long as the other guests did. They had a separate queue set up for the GAC guests. I heard that Knott's eventually evolved the setup and now GAC guests have to wait as long as the other guests no matter what. If they have guests who can wait in line, they have to wait in line and the GAC guest will meet up with them when the guests reach the dock.

Haven't heard any info about any updates to this yet. I'm pretty sure Six Flags does a similar loading pattern to this for GACs, or at least they were the last time I was there.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Moonstone
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Moonstone » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 pm

From reading other boards it sounds as if people are getting GACs for issues but then riding rides that are not recommended for people with those issues (mostly back problems, I think one person mentioned a heart problem). Are cast members allowed to turn people away if they have a GAC for problems that the ride could make worse? I'm thinking about the roller coasters and Mission Space (scariest warning board ever!)

I also wonder about people who go on about how their child can't take the heat, can't wait in line, don't like noise, can't be in crowds etc, all the things that are hallmarks of a Disney vacation. Why are they dragging these poor kids to Disney? In some cases it does seem like they are planning to use the kid as a fast pass. My son is super sensitive to noise and confusion and always has been so we try to avoid putting him in these situations. Why choose a vacation that's going to make a least one family member miserable?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Moonstone wrote:I also wonder about people who go on about how their child can't take the heat, can't wait in line, don't like noise, can't be in crowds etc
I wonder abt the parents who tell me for over 2 yrs. their daughter has cancer & would I could I, can she, will you ask, on & on favors. Then I find out the child never ever had cancer. Yes, am thrilled she doesn't have cancer, but you just put my CM friends & I through.... never mind. I am still so shocked & angry. :mad: :(

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Main Streeter wrote:I wonder abt the parents who tell me for over 2 yrs. their daughter has cancer...
Scumbags!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 am

Main Streeter wrote:I wonder abt the parents who tell me for over 2 yrs. their daughter has cancer & would I could I, can she, will you ask, on & on favors. Then I find out the child never ever had cancer. Yes, am thrilled she doesn't have cancer, but you just put my CM friends & I through.... never mind. I am still so shocked & angry. :mad: :(
This is very horrible...That child is permanently affected by that lie :mad: Doesn't surprise me how people turn out after you meet some of their parents.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:50 pm

I remember there was a news item about a woman who shaved her kid's head, told him they had to do thus and so, and told everyone her kid was dying of cancer. She got all this money, toys and stuff for the kid, and when her lie was exposed it wasn't pretty.

Another one was this woman who taught her son to pretend to be mentally retarded so they could get SSI. One day she was at the welfare office, and they got suspicious about the young man's alleged "retardation' so they put them in a room with a one-way mirror, and discovered he was normal and she had been scamming the system--I guess they watched their interactions and overheard their conversations. You better believe she had some explaining to do.