Policing of GAC Cards

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Policing of GAC Cards

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 am

I saw that on Test Track (I know, wrong park) people switching from single rider into the fastpass queue inside the building while CMs weren't looking...

8^/

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Isnt that considered line jumping? If I saw that I would have called a cordinator or manager to at least meet them at the end of the ride. I know a couple of my managers would have revoked the GAC cards for that. The Managers in my area are really starting to crack down on GAC card abuse.
Yeah, it would be nice if the manager took it seriously instead of just telling me "in this case, you should have just given them 4 extra fastpasses." and I wasn't at the merge point, I couldn't do anything from return except for warn merge, who said "ok" and that was the end of that.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

I love working Merge Assist at Thunder. At least a couple times an hour, someone decides to jump the line, and it would be difficult to miss. I always let them get right up to me before I ask for their FastPass. And I always make them go back, after having gone a good 40 feet out of their way. :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I love working Merge Assist at Thunder. At least a couple times an hour, someone decides to jump the line, and it would be difficult to miss. I always let them get right up to me before I ask for their FastPass. And I always make them go back, after having gone a good 40 feet out of their way. :D:
That has to be incredibly satisfying ! Are you allowed to grin as you send them back ?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm

delsdad wrote:That has to be incredibly satisfying ! Are you allowed to grin as you send them back ?
Were I to answer yes, I might get in trouble.

So no. Definitely not.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Carrie6466
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Carrie6466 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:16 am

Sorry to bother you all, but I just had one quick question about WDW and GAC's. I have gotten one for my daughter, who is diagnosed wiht autism. I am willing to bring her IEP from school, if necessary, which states this. Also, I have a GAC we got in Dec. 10 showing what stamps we've previously had.

Would it be okay for me to bring the old GAC up to Guest Services with the front page of her IEP? I know I don't have to, but I don't want to seem like one of these 'there's nothing wrong with that kid' people. Honestly, if you saw my daughter for 20 - 30 seconds during a quick conversation, you'd notice her being nothing but quiet. Unless you actually tried to engage her in conversation or did something that would agitate her. Then she would bite herself or put her mouth on anything in reach (usually my hand lol).

Thanks for your help.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:58 am

Carrie6466 wrote: I have a GAC we got in Dec. 10 showing what stamps we've previously had.
Would it be okay for me to bring the old GAC up to Guest Services with the front page of her IEP?
Dec. 10 GAC may be fine, but PLEASE, PLEASE do not take her IEP or IIP. Those are not written for educational use only. Guest Services/GR will have absolutely no clue what an IEP is. DL & WDW are not familiar with IEPs. A quick note from Dr. would be best.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Carrie6466
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Carrie6466 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:39 am

Main Streeter wrote:Dec. 10 GAC may be fine, but PLEASE, PLEASE do not take her IEP or IIP. Those are not written for educational use only. Guest Services/GR will have absolutely no clue what an IEP is. DL & WDW are not familiar with IEPs. A quick note from Dr. would be best.
gotcha, thanks!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Those are not written for educational use only
Strike the word not. IEPs are written for educational use only. :o: :o: In my defense.... Texas guest wore me out, thus the mistake.
:rolleyes: :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm

GR does not need a letter. You would be fine with just the old GAC

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]