No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed May 13, 2009 8:30 pm

There are many times that I am playing in the park and random guests come to ME, asking me questions, thinking that I work there. I mean, they have their sights on me, looking in my direction and asking me a questions eventhough there is a CM standing right next to me. So, as a EX - CM instinct, I answer it.

Does this ever happen to you on your day off or just playing in the park??

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by CujoSR » Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm

All the freaking TIME! Even after being gone for 6 plus years I still get it.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed May 13, 2009 9:36 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:There are many times that I am playing in the park and random guests come to ME, asking me questions, thinking that I work there. I mean, they have their sights on me, looking in my direction and asking me a questions eventhough there is a CM standing right next to me. So, as a EX - CM instinct, I answer it.

Does this ever happen to you on your day off or just playing in the park??
This seems to happen to me everywhere, especially in places I have never worked. I am frequently asked questions in the parks, and recently I was at a Costco and was asked questions which, not working there, I have no way of knowing the answers to. If I know the answer I try to help them, but if not I politely inform them that I do not work there and do not know the answer.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Beaumont
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Beaumont » Wed May 13, 2009 11:37 pm

I've gotten asked what section I work in, if I want to use my CM discount, and if I work here. Basically I get mistaken for CM about once a trip. I do not understand it AT ALL. I don't go around spouting Disney facts an insider would know, I'm usually carrying a camera...it's weird. Flattering, but weird.

"I thought it would be flat, like the internet" :notallthe

little skunk
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by little skunk » Wed May 13, 2009 11:49 pm

I have never been to DisneyLand. In DisneyWorld sometimes guests will ask me questions. I have never been a cast member at DisneyWorld, but sometimes other guests think that I am a cast member at DisneyWorld.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu May 14, 2009 1:33 am

I think I mentioned this a long time ago,but when I was there over a year ago,some lady walked up to me near the Tomorrow Land train station.Asks me a question as if I worked there.
Well I politely told her "no".I guess if you're smoking a cigarette on stage,you must be qualified. :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu May 14, 2009 1:42 am

I've been mistaken for a CM........
Maybe it's the pins ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu May 14, 2009 8:43 am

I get mistaken for a CM too. I think it more has to do with the fact that we know where we are, what we are doing, and don't look completely lost.

Kurt

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 am

I absolutely get it all the time at theme parks too. Most recently at Universal, someone asked, "do you work here no obviously you don't sorry."

However, my most recent time at Sea World was my own mistake. I used to publish games and I published one called "Prawn." When I went to Sea World, I wore a shirt with the Prawn logo on it. No fewer than 3 people asked me if I worked there that time.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 am

I think some people just give off that "I know what I'm doing" aura. DH gets asked questions at the parks all the time, and both he and I often get asked things when we're on the Disney cruise ships. We also both tend to get asked directions on the street...maybe we look relatively harmless? It was quite comical the other night at Publix when we were explaining to an Asian tourist how to get to the seafood buffet restaurant he was seeking. Poor guy was way out at the Publix by 429, and he wanted a place over near the Ruby Tuesday's on the other side of I-4.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal