No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I think most of them do, in appliances, electronics and tools...

The Blue Crew, they call them in the adds.

I want to know which store Felicia Day is working at...

8^P

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am

BRWombat wrote:I went shopping at Best Buy wearing khakis and a medium blue knit shirt once.

Once. :eek: :o:
Reminds me of something I saw on a blog once ... except they got about 50 people all wearing blue shirts and khakis, all in the same best buy.

http://improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

hhsrat wrote:Reminds me of something I saw on a blog once ... except they got about 50 people all wearing blue shirts and khakis, all in the same best buy.

http://improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/
That was GREAT!!!!!!! :D:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu May 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I could see us campers in the park on days that we meet. All short sleve blue shirts and tan shorts. :D:

I have a shirt that says: There are no stupid questions, there are just stupid people. ;)

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri May 07, 2010 10:54 am

turkeyham wrote:I could see us campers in the park on days that we meet. All short sleve blue shirts and tan shorts. :D:

I have a shirt that says: There are no stupid questions, there are just stupid people. ;)
I need that shirt, in white, so I can wear it under my costume. :D:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Cranbiz wrote:I need that shirt, in white, so I can wear it under my costume. :D:
I just got an image of that as a super hero doing the whole ripping their shirt open to reveal their super hero outfit. Now we just need a super hero name for you that will fit with the costume of the shirt. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri May 07, 2010 8:38 pm

I wonder if wardrobe would change the polyester shirts to a nice polo shirt.

I remember back 12 years back with the ugly yellows. Yellow type polo shirt with the red and white stripes. We were the ones where the bugs you hang out on.

I have had the bad dreams when wardrobe was out of the clothes and you had to wear the yellows. :eek:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun May 09, 2010 2:13 pm

turkeyham wrote:I wonder if wardrobe would change the polyester shirts to a nice polo shirt.

I remember back 12 years back with the ugly yellows. Yellow type polo shirt with the red and white stripes. We were the ones where the bugs you hang out on.

I have had the bad dreams when wardrobe was out of the clothes and you had to wear the yellows. :eek:
Enough to drive you bananas, isn't it? :twisted:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:20 pm

I get people mistaking me for a CM based on my dress, which is usually a bit nicer than the average guest and I still have the "Disney look" of short hair etc.

What perplexed me was when I was in my Matterhorn costume (lederhosen or ski tights) or my Monsanto ATIS polyester jump suit..... and they asked if I worked here.... Really?

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:44 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:There are many times that I am playing in the park and random guests come to ME, asking me questions, thinking that I work there. I mean, they have their sights on me, looking in my direction and asking me a questions eventhough there is a CM standing right next to me. So, as a EX - CM instinct, I answer it.

Does this ever happen to you on your day off or just playing in the park??
I was in DAK at EE with a group of friends one rainy afternoon. When of course the ride came to a stop. We decided what the heck we can see it will pass soon so lets wait. Well my friend decided to stand under the greeter umbrella since there was nobody else was there. Everyone in line knew this guy was not a cast member but SG would come up to him and ask him questions. His reponses kept the whole line laughing.

I should add that my friend has a very THICK boston accent and is kind of a guido.

SG - Is the ride down?
Friend - Do you see the line moving?
SG- No.
Friend - Well, then its Down.
SG- What should I do then?
Friend- GO SHOPPING! We need your money. I want to get paid! SHOP or Go Eat at one of our many restaurants! Now GO! Shoving them away from the line as they wander away with a bewildered look.

My personal favorite is when a family came up with a small kid.
SG - is this ride scary?
Friend - Hold on let me see. (Turns to small kid and quickly growls his teeth puts his hands up like claws, lunges and screams causing the terrified kid to scream and jump back).
Then he turns back to SG and say. "Yes it is, he cant ride he is to small and scared."
SG- What should be do then?
Friend - Go SHOPPING! DISNEY needs your Money! I really want to get paid! SHOP! SHOP!
SG- Oh Ok.