No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 am

Hitler was certainly a bad one. thats why I find those videos so funny. making him the subject of ridicule.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 pm

This reminds me of a time I visited a local amusement park with a couple of friends. Now, at the time, I used to wear a Lion King vest I had gotten at Disneyland when I went out with friends. Lovely piece of clothing, with lots of pockets (one I didn't even discover until a year after I bought it), but I digress. Anyway, even though this park was most definitely not a Disney property (no where near any Disney parks and at the time actually owned by another studio), I kept having folks come up to me asking questions. It got so that whenever I hear excuse me, I would immediately say, "Sorry, I don't work here"! Fortunately, I didn't have anyone insist I must actually be an employee and have to help them.

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Yeah, in the past few years, i have indeed gotten my fair share of "can you help me find this" or "Do you work here?" Wearing a costume or not. Now-a-days since i have been working in the park in tech blacks, I can see why people would be confused.

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

One thing you got to know: the guests have a sixth sense about these things. They seem to know what you are doing and where you're going. They lock onto your radar and go after you, :)

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:One thing you got to know: the guests have a sixth sense about these things. They seem to know what you are doing and where you're going. They lock onto your radar and go after you, :)
I've come to believe that it's even more fundamental than that -- think basic physical laws, like a negatives being attracted to a positive, or nature abhorring a vacuum. The average SG is so completely clueless about the world around them that their void of activity between the ears is naturally drawn to anyone with active brain cells. Thus SG's naturally gravitate (without thought, of course) to off-duty CM's and many of us non-CM's who also know what's going on.

The one exception: some of the SG's seem to be thrown by on-duty CM's, since the CM's nametag and colorful costume don't immediately trigger a "hey, they work here" response in the SG's brain. (Such as it is.) :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:00 pm

BRWombat wrote:The one exception: some of the SG's seem to be thrown by on-duty CM's, since the CM's nametag and colorful costume don't immediately trigger a "hey, they work here" response in the SG's brain. (Such as it is.) :rolleyes:
back when I was a CM, I had guests come up to me with a blank stare on their face, they would look at me, then look at my name tage, look at me again, then back at my name tag, look at me, then at my name tag, and STILL ask, "Excuse me, do you work here?" Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:back when I was a CM, I had guests come up to me with a blank stare on their face, they would look at me, then look at my name tage, look at me again, then back at my name tag, look at me, then at my name tag, and STILL ask, "Excuse me, do you work here?" Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
I'd pay to see that. Them,not you. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:28 pm

darph nader wrote:I'd pay to see that. Them,not you. :rolleyes:
This happens all the time, well abt 4 times per shift. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Main Streeter wrote:This happens all the time, well abt 4 times per shift. :rolleyes:
Yeah,but you're there,I aint. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Does anybody remember those books put out by MAD Magazine, "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions"? Can't remember the guy who wrote them, but there was one showing a sweaty, exhausted bellhop carrying some heavy luggage, walking through a hotel foyer, when he's approached by a little old lady who asks him, "Young man, do you work here?" and the snappy answers include, "No, they pay me to hang around like this until I drop dead from inactivity." Or something like that. There were a couple others, plus a space for you to write your own. Ever wish there was a Disney version? Hey, there's an idea for a thread--what you wish you could get away with saying, versus what you'd better say. They had those, too. Plus, some backfires--or as they would be called today, fails.