stupid guest stories on matterhorn

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
americawestguy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

stupid guest stories on matterhorn

Post by americawestguy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:50 am

hey i was just wondering what are some stupid guest stories or angy guest stories from the matterhorn. i am sure there a few out there!!

former custodian who still loves Disneyland!

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: stupid guest stories on matterhorn

Post by CBeilby » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:26 am

I remember once, from my AP days, when I saw a kid standing up on the ride. I don't know the outcome, mind you.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Must...resist...Dolly story.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Must...resist...Dolly story.
Come on!!! Ya know you WANT TO!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:01 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Must...resist...Dolly story.
If not the Dolly story then about the guy who lost his finger on the ride.

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:17 pm

OK, I feel terrible calling it an SG story because Dolly wasn't all there, so she can't be entirely blamed. But for those who don't know the story of "Dolly's Drop", here goes:

Dolly and little boy (nephew or something) are riding Matterhorn. Little boy is alone in front seat, Dolly is alone in back seat. Little boy starts to wriggle out of seat belt or stand up or something (the story changes whenever I hear it), Dolly unbuckles herself and sits UP ON THE BACK of the bobsled trying to reach child. This happens just before the point on the Tomorrowland side where one track dips under the other, which crosses overtop. Dolly's track dips, Dolly clotheslines herself on the crossing and falls off the back of the sled. The next sled behind her makes it past her as she lies on the side of the track, but then she tries to crawl and crawls back onto the track and is struck by the 2nd one to come along. splat.

It's called Dolly's Drop forevermore.

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:19 pm

A much better SGdeath was the guy who got out of the PeopleMover inside the Tron part and tried to run alongside it. He didn't realize that once you get outside the building, the siding disappears. He literally ran right off the end of the track like Wyle E. Coyote off a cliff. I think that one won a Darwin Award.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:15 pm

IT sounds like Dolly was trying to help but didn't realize the danger, when was that?

I remember reading about the people mover one on Snopes, but I think some of the details were different.

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:53 pm

the question is, can we call the dead stupid? that's just salt in the wound.

i like to think that high schooler entering the park on grad night has SO MUCH SG on any ride potential.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:23 pm

smart1hermione wrote:the question is, can we call the dead stupid? that's just salt in the wound.

i like to think that high schooler entering the park on grad night has SO MUCH SG on any ride potential.
well, I know its bad, but YES. thats why there are such things as the Darwin Awards.

I've done my share of stuffing people in body bags, and its sad when its a result of an accident, but it borders on insane when you die as a result of your own stupidity.

Life is short, and perhaps I have a warped sense of humor, but you gotta laugh at the way some of the morons check out of this level of existence.