stupid guest stories on matterhorn

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: stupid guest stories on matterhorn

Post by AlpineDL » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 pm

From old topic Seatbelt Follies:
AlpineDL wrote:Seriously, do people use seatbelts on their drive to the park or what? Now the Indy/Tours/Soarin/Tower variety are one matter, but some of the things I've seen people try to do with Matterhorn belts, and the Heimlich/Dumbo variety just astound me.
  • The One-sided seatbelt idea, where someone has one of the ends of the seatbelt and is looking for some spot to plug it into the opposite wall of the vehicle. I know going from Indy to an elephant could make someone figure on plugging it into the vehicle, but usually the other end is already on their lap or something, and is clearly visible when sitting down. One side of the belt doesn't even reach where they're trying to go anyways.
  • The Loose-strap buckle attempts, where people try to stick the end of the male side of the belt into the female buckle. Now seriously, since when does the cloth part of a seatbelt act as the part that you stick in the buckle? Maybe look 6 inches up the belt at the actual metal tooth thing the extra strap is coming out of?
  • The Tightening confusion, where somehow people have no idea how to manually tighten a seatbelt. Again, I can understand after riding Star Tours that one might figure another ride seatbelt would pull in tension on its own, but did nobody have an old nasty station wagon in the 80's where they had to sit in the middle on some twisty road even though they warned their siblings they'd puke, and have that one cheap lapbelt that tightened up by pulling on the extra strap? Did they not loosen the belt by pulling that same extra strap the other way through the buckle 10 seconds earlier? Is looking down and doing nothing, then preceding to continue fondling your skanky girlfriend crammed in the seat between your legs a proper response to "Tighten up your belt please"? :oweye:
  • Looping belts around random s*** happens a lot too. You know those bars to hold onto inside bobsleds? Yeah, let's loop the seatbelt through those (it's pretty hard to fit through) so the belt is like 6" away from our body! I'm sure it's supposed to work that way! Another great idea to loop the belt through the handle of a purse, camcorder bag, etc, so that it's directly between the belt and someone's body. I'm sure that'll be comfortable and safe while coming to a fast stop. I'd imagine Tower and Indy have this problem a lot too, even with the PLEASE PUT YOUR STUFF HERE bags right there in the cars.
  • I will not even get into the "there are two belts, one for each rider" issue. :deadhorse:
So, any good stories from the more high-tech seatbelt rides? I know people would freak out on Indy getting advanced to belts, since now they seem to be really clear on spieling that they'll get checked ahead, but there have to be some very amusing stories aside from that.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:17 pm

interesting, but the section labeled "the lose strap buckle" describes an old style tention seatbelt, where the male end of leather/canvas fits into a "female" buckle and the tentsion is applied by pushing the buckle down, the underside has small serations that dig into the material and hold it taught.

Mostly seen in older aircraft, like earily Cessna's etc.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:50 pm

What about the "let's-sit-side by side- after bobsled-enters-lift".. "they won't notice" stunt? Doesn't that require an E-Stop?

TikiLust
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TikiLust » Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Finger lost was from a newlywed (groom), and it was on Splash. My husband was the Splash lead that day (and yes, he and the crew went looking for the finger). They located it, retrieved it, and it was reattached.

A happy ending. :)

TikiLust
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TikiLust » Sun May 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Dolly died in January 1984. Had friends working Matterhorn that day. :eek:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun May 22, 2011 5:26 pm

On behalf of the BDoSGT, Welcome,TikiLust,,,,,have a beverage.

:coke: :rumncoke: :beer:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 pm

GuestJockey wrote:A much better SGdeath was the guy who got out of the PeopleMover inside the Tron part and tried to run alongside it. He didn't realize that once you get outside the building, the siding disappears. He literally ran right off the end of the track like Wyle E. Coyote off a cliff. I think that one won a Darwin Award.
Ah, if only it were that simple... it was a grad nite and the guest was pretty toasted on drugs. He climbed out the PeopleMover car he was in and tried to climb back in the front car.

He slipped and fell in front of the Mover and if you knew Mover it didn't stop for anything. The Mover pushed him forward and continued to bounce on him and pull him in deeper. Two girls in the car were screaming their heads off. The ride lead on Tomorrowland Skyway had to get the PM e-stopped by using colorful language with the person who answered the phone.

They had to shut down half of Tomorrowland to evacuate PM and shut the rides that could see the accident. Anaheim PD, Anaheim FD, OP1, they called in the head of maintenance from home. It was an ugly, ugly night.

That was how the ride got its nickname, the PeopleEater.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue May 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Also known as PeopleRemover

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 25, 2011 12:32 am

Hello, TikiLust and tommy_b. :sgthello:

You've had your drink and cool welcome, and now your final welcome will begin shortly. I call it your final welcome because few people survive to tell of it. Don't believe me? Look at how many members we have who have never posted anything, or only ever posted once over the years. You should start running now.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Hello, TikiLust and tommy_b.

You've had your drink and cool welcome, and now your final welcome will begin shortly. I call it your final welcome because few people survive to tell of it. Don't believe me? Look at how many members we have who have never posted anything, or only ever posted once over the years. You should start running now.
How do you type with those stubby little paws?