Now that's one big pile of ........

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Now that's one big pile of ........

Post by drcorey » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 pm

I have seen at DLR the old yak in the hat routine.
sick guest grabs first hat they see and yaks in it.
then the fight breaks out...

Corey

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Now that is been said and done,,,on behalf of the BDoSGT,Welcome,,

Enjoy. :beer: :pepper: :rumncoke:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Vermin Jerky
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Vermin Jerky » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:28 am

I'd like to thank those who gave me a warm welcome. I love the psychedelic graphic, hobie16! Also your signature.

It looks like drcorey is trying to revive the topic, which would be great because it was a hell of a read!

And thank you, Whazzup. You're right, I think Freak seriously misinterpreted my intentions. Let me explain.
Freak wrote:Way to bring a 3 year old thread back. BTW, nothing wrong with this thread. Move along, move along. Don't see how or why you think this site is at fault for it. She was a stupid guest, the end. Stop playing the race card.
(I'm sorry, I know this is really long.)

I know it's an old thread. Unfortunately, the thread was posted in the racist forum only at the tail end of July and discussion went into August. That's part of my point. Anything you say online can live forever.

I never said there was anything wrong with this thread. Actually, it's a great thread and really interesting, which is why I decided to keep checking out this forum. I know that this site is not at fault and that no one here did anything wrong or had any bad intentions.

The person who posted this wasn't necessarily stupid, IMO. Probably just made what I consider to be a mistake. (Or maybe Whazzup is right and they're, in fact, the offender.) I know that person only made one post, but I noticed other references to the races of offenders on these forums. The problem is that the people posting these are merely using those terms as descriptions to paint a picture, but this proves how badly their words can be twisted.

Ultimately, I brought this to this forum because it was something that, if I were an active member of a given forum, I'd like to know about so I could avoid it. I actually thought about it for a few days before finally deciding to say something. It just really stuck with me that a totally innocent forum had unknowingly been targeted this way.

For the record, the phrase "playing the race card" is usually used to indicate an intentional obfuscation of a real issue to try to gain an advantage in a dispute. For instance, when someone accuses someone else of racism because it's a convenient way to exonerate themselves or someone with whom they're siding from extremely bad or criminal behavior. Bringing up that there are racists in the world, and they snagged a topic on this forum, isn't the same thing.

I didn't mean to offend you or anybody else. I'm not picking on this forum, I think it's really awesome and there's nothing wrong with this topic. But it's because I think your forum is cool that I decided the right thing to do would be to point this out to you. It's what I'd want someone to do for one of my favorite forums. If it's not what you consider appropriate, I'm sorry, I meant no harm.

Hope I've made myself clearer this time.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:09 am

I guess I just don't really see the point of bringing all this up. Its an old topic, the guy hasn't been here, and the topic wasn't that big of a deal. Just sayin'.

Personally, I don't care about to read any more of your post. I just find it a little ridiculous to bring up a post that's this old. If you were to account for every post brought up somewhere "offensive" or like that, you'd have a long list. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Have a wonderful day.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:03 am

I personally yakked in the bushes by the Teacups at WDW but I was 5. So far so good on the bathroom urges.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 am

Oh and I second that if you want a thread to die you probably shouldn't post in it. Too late now.

Hi Vermin and welcome :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vermin Jerky
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Vermin Jerky » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 pm

@Freak: Well, from that I take it you don't really want to understand, but I'll give it one last shot.

Short version: Post about race and bad behavior, unintentionally attract racists. Members here other than the OP have done that. Felt it merited notification, because I'd want to know if it was my home forum, so my words wouldn't be targeted.

Sigh. Anyway, I tried to do something I thought right, even if you don't think it was.

@DonutGoddess: Thanks. :) The teacups will do that to ya. I think I actually tolerated them better when I was 5 than I would now. I'm sure they'd be an easy all-day headache. You have my sympathy.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:52 pm

May I propose that if we want a thread to die we should just delete it? And perhaps in the future, we should avoid making reference to people's race? That way we won't be targeted by racists or others who can't seem to come up with their own material.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:51 pm

felinefan wrote:May I propose that if we want a thread to die we should just delete it? And perhaps in the future, we should avoid making reference to people's race? That way we won't be targeted by racists or others who can't seem to come up with their own material.
Welllllll, I see the points of the other posters,but SGT has been involved in controversy before,and survives :)
Mods will decide when we get out of hand anyway and give appropriate smackdown ;) :clap:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Vermin Jerky wrote:Sigh. Anyway, I tried to do something I thought right, even if you don't think it was.
No good deed goes unpunished. ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.