I hate the 2fer with the fire of 10000 suns.

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I hate the 2fer with the fire of 10000 suns.

Post by GuestJockey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Please, not again. Another 8 months of trying to explain the 2fer to SGs.

"So I can go to both parks today, right?"

"So I can go to Disneyland twice, right?"

"But they said I could use the other day any time all year!"

"My friend bought it and SHE'S from SoCal."

I literally had someone walk up to the corporate window on New Years Eve with a Resident 1 day hopper she bought in March, trying to argue that it wasn't a resident hopper, it was a 2fer, and she wanted to use the Disneyland part that day. Now, even if it HAD been a 2fer (which it wasn't, because it would have SAID 2fer), and even if the first use on it HAD been for DCA (which it wasn't), she STILL couldn't use it 8 months AFTER it would have been expired. I finally had to say, "Mam, I'm sorry, but you ARE NOT getting into Disneyland today." repeatedly until she left the window.

Now, there's a big billboard on my way home from work every night that says "It's 2Fer time!" with Donald's giant face laughing at me. I don't think I can survive this.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: I hate the 2fer with the fire of 10000 suns.

Post by drcorey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, they never said it was your laughing place...
GuestJockey wrote:Please, not again. Another 8 months of trying to explain the 2fer to SGs.

"So I can go to both parks today, right?"

"So I can go to Disneyland twice, right?"

"But they said I could use the other day any time all year!"

"My friend bought it and SHE'S from SoCal."

I literally had someone walk up to the corporate window on New Years Eve with a Resident 1 day hopper she bought in March, trying to argue that it wasn't a resident hopper, it was a 2fer, and she wanted to use the Disneyland part that day. Now, even if it HAD been a 2fer (which it wasn't, because it would have SAID 2fer), and even if the first use on it HAD been for DCA (which it wasn't), she STILL couldn't use it 8 months AFTER it would have been expired. I finally had to say, "Mam, I'm sorry, but you ARE NOT getting into Disneyland today." repeatedly until she left the window.

Now, there's a big billboard on my way home from work every night that says "It's 2Fer time!" with Donald's giant face laughing at me. I don't think I can survive this.

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:13 pm

GuestJockey wrote:Please, not again. Another 8 months of trying to explain the 2fer to SGs.

So... what is the 2fer? I've never heard of it, but if I buy one I promise to learn the rules.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm

DevilDuckie wrote:So... what is the 2fer? I've never heard of it, but if I buy one I promise to learn the rules.
Really, and wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the lowest AP? we found out that if we bought them we would "HAVE" to go twice, seeing both parks, during the year and "save" (if thats possible!) money. (of course forgot about lodging, food, souvineers, sodas, ice cream treats, etc)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:28 pm

DevilDuckie wrote:So... what is the 2fer? I've never heard of it, but if I buy one I promise to learn the rules.
It's a deal for SoCal residents where you pay full price for a one day, one park ticket, and you get to go to the OTHER park on a DIFFERENT day within 30 days of your visit to the first park for free. AKA: You paid $66 to go to Disneyland today, so you have 30 days from today to come back and go to DCA for free. Or vice-versa. Can't use it for the same park twice, can't use it for both parks on the same day, have to use one within 30 days of the other, have to be a SoCal resident to buy OR use the ticket. And I hate it.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:40 pm

GuestJockey wrote:It's a deal for SoCal residents where you pay full price for a one day, one park ticket, and you get to go to the OTHER park on a DIFFERENT day within 30 days of your visit to the first park for free. AKA: You paid $66 to go to Disneyland today, so you have 30 days from today to come back and go to DCA for free. Or vice-versa. Can't use it for the same park twice, can't use it for both parks on the same day, have to use one within 30 days of the other, have to be a SoCal resident to buy OR use the ticket. And I hate it.
Really, why not just bump up to a AP? It's a better deal!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:50 pm

GuestJockey wrote:It's a deal for SoCal residents where you pay full price for a one day, one park ticket, and you get to go to the OTHER park on a DIFFERENT day within 30 days of your visit to the first park for free. AKA: You paid $66 to go to Disneyland today, so you have 30 days from today to come back and go to DCA for free. Or vice-versa. Can't use it for the same park twice, can't use it for both parks on the same day, have to use one within 30 days of the other, have to be a SoCal resident to buy OR use the ticket. And I hate it.

Sounds pretty straighforward to me. One day at DL, one at DCA, not the same day, within 30 days of each other. But of course the simplicity is where the drama always comes from.

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:49 pm

DevilDuckie wrote:Sounds pretty straighforward to me. One day at DL, one at DCA, not the same day, within 30 days of each other. But of course the simplicity is where the drama always comes from.
You'd think, wouldn't you? lol. Instead, we'll have people using one day at DL and then SELLING the ticket to unsuspecting tourists by telling them they can use it at Disneyland again. We'll have the ever-so-popular argument of "The girl didn't TELL me it had to be in 30 days!" We'll have 8 year olds that came to the park with a friend losing mom's phone bill in the park because they had to bring some kind of SoCal ID to get in. It's unbelievable the messes that result from the 2fer. Not to mention that the name is apparently embarrassing for some people to say, so you have to sit through everyone saying "I bought that ticket where you get the 2 days at the one day price thingy" instead of "I bought a 2fer."

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm

It doesn't matter how you explain it, 50% of the guests still ask, "So I can go into both parks today?"
Me: "No, one park of your choice today, the opposite park within 30 days. If you want to visit both parks today you need a $91 Parkhopper ticket."
SG: "So I can visit DL twice in 30 days?"
Me: "No, you can visit DL today and come back to DCA within 30 days using the same ticket."
SG, holding the receipt in one hand, stashing the ticket safely in their wallet: "So I show this both times, " speaking of the receipt.
Me: "No, show the blue ticket that you just put away in your wallet. And save your ticket to come back within 30 days to the other park."
SG:"You mean this?", holding up the receipt.
Me:" No, the blue ticket."
SG:"What blue ticket?"
Me:"The ticket you just put in your wallet."
SG:" So what's this?", speaking of the receipt.
Me:"That's your receipt."
SG:"So what do I use to get in?" , etc. etc.

We use way more words than we have to trying to sell this ticket.

The ones I feel sorry fo, too, later are the Ticket Takers who have guests come up to them trying to get into DL twice, insisting that the VP told them they could use it twice for the same park, or use the ticket after the 30 days expiration date, telling the Takers, "But the date on the ticket says April something!" Most good Vacation Planners (sellers) will highlight in yellow the "Expires 30 from first day of use".

And then it's many months later people are STILL asking for the 2FER ticket!!! ARRRRRR!!!!! I swear, we have a party in the booth the day the 2fer ticket ends!!!
It's a great deal for the guests, and DL makes out, selling parking, food, etc. twice, and a lot of guests convert them to AP's.

Terrytunes

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Dont forget the other poor CMs from janitors to managers who are hearing the same thing over and over. The bitching about being cheated or it not being fair. Questions asked of everyone from bus boys to maids. Do not forget the poor CM at City Hall, lol.

Then there are the travel agents who are really SGs that tell clients that the 2fer is for one park two days or whatever. Another stupid Disney marketing failure aka DMF aka Danged ... :rolleyes: