Responsibleparents at DLR! What is this world coming to?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Responsibleparents at DLR! What is this world coming to?

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:31 pm

On my trip down there last weekend I saw the most remarkable thing... A parent controlling (well, attempting to control as the kids were at that age.) her children. :bugeyes:
It was in the que for Roger Rabbit, the kids were climbing all over everything. When their mother saw this she asked them to come down. If they wouldn't she would go pick them up and put them on the floor, and she managed to keep them from running all over the line and jumping in front of other people.
Horay for responsible parents!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Responsibleparents at DLR! What is this world coming to?

Post by BirdMom » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm

Lasolimu wrote: When their mother saw this she asked them to come down. If they wouldn't she would go pick them up and put them on the floor, and she managed to keep them from running all over the line and jumping in front of other people. Horay for responsible parents!
Don't parents like that make you want to go right up to them, hug them and thank them for being so wonderful?!

Two weeks ago, I was at Fashion Island, and there was this little boy standing on the ledge of the Iris Fountain (the one that shoots up enormous jets of water over by Barnes & Noble) - the child looked like he was about to take a header into the water. All of a sudden, this man seemed to come out of nowhere, ran around the people milling around, jumped up on the ledge and ran past the other kids who were playing with the water (without stepping on or upsetting a one of them) and he snatched up this teeny boy without missing a beat. Dad, I'm pretty sure. I'm guessing he won't let his attention wander away from his toddler again for awhile. Hopefully, soon he'll be like that mom you were lucky enough to observe.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:39 pm

I almost ran over a child while driving the Jolly Trolley once. The queue area used to be right next to the track where we'd park. Very fortunately, I was leaning over the front of the trolley to look for my parking marker. Also very fortunately, I was able to find the brake (which was not always easy to get to if you weren't looking) as soon as I saw the kid dart from the queue right in front of my trolley. I stopped less than a foot short of running him over.

The father, whose attention had probably only lapsed for a fraction of a second, had eyes the size of saucers when he saw what had very nearly happened.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:54 pm

I just thought of this little boy at Pirates, probably about 12 or 13 years ago. I was on the unload side of the dock and he was at the front edge of the next group waiting to board - his parents were yakking with someone behind them in the rail area. At the time, we didn't have enable buttons on the dock...just the e-stops under the rails. Anyway, there were only two people who had sat down in row 3 or 4 of the boat, and the boy - maybe 6 or 7 - stepped into the boat. The tower dispatched it, and right then, his mother noticed he was going away and she hollered at him to get out.

First of all, the kid was still standing up as the boat was dispatched, so he reached back and grabbed the rail - well he kind of stopped but the boat didn't - picture this kid on a diagonal hanging onto the handrail on the dock with his legs propped up on the back of the seat. We all hit the e-stop at the same time. I think my heart was pounding really hard, because if his mother hadn't scooped him up from underneath, he could have fallen into that narrow space between the boat and the dock and "squish."

The parents were upset, but I don't think any of us had the nerve to tell them they should have been watching their kid while they were gabbing with people in line. Turn your back for a minute and ooops... :oweye:

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

SilverStyle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SilverStyle » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Yes, I have. I was at Tuck and Roll Greeter (where me measure kids). This little girl barely made it, and she went off. I was still crouched

OMG I have a story for you.

I was loading at tower at the lower levels. From the top we saw two kids spit from the top, which is totally gross and bad if the guest in the bottom get hit (same thing with change). We called upper load area to the kids to stop spitting, they were with their father, and the father not knowing what they did. After the three guest finished riding, the father asked to see a lead. Our lead comes out and ask what was wrong.

Father: I do apologize for my kids for spitting, they should know better.
Father: now what do we say
Kids: sorry
Father: They will get it what's coming to them
Kids: tensed up, like they were going to get hit by the belt

Best moment ever

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:09 pm

SilverStyle wrote:Kids: sorry
Father: They will get it what's coming to them
Kids: tensed up, like they were going to get hit by the belt
Best moment ever
Oh yeah, the belt *shudders*...nothing like an old fashioned dad. I'd rather see them grounded than hit...