The Onion strikes again

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

The Onion strikes again

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:23 pm

Disney World Forced To Euthanize Character That Attacked Visitor

ORLANDO, FL—Explaining that the decision was deemed necessary to protect the health and safety of park patrons, officials at Disney World announced Wednesday that they had been forced to euthanize a character that attacked a visitor over the weekend. “Obviously, this was an unfortunate situation, and we do everything possible to prevent such incidents; however, our policy clearly states that when a character threatens or injures a guest, we have no choice but to put him or her down,” Disney World spokesman Don Milhiser said of the encounter in which the Dale character in the Frontierland portion of the park became defensive during a meet-and-greet and viciously clawed a 9-year-old visitor. “He’s very protective of Chip, and we think the girl just approached a little too quickly for a photo. We considered relocating Dale to a different section of the park, but we couldn’t risk this happening with another guest, especially in light of last year’s Eeyore incident.” Disney World officials closed their press conference by reminding visitors to avoid any sudden movements, maintain their distance, and refrain from making direct eye contact with any of the characters.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: The Onion strikes again

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:08 pm

So what's Chip going to do for a new buddy?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:13 pm

felinefan wrote:So what's Chip going to do for a new buddy?
Slappy the Squirrel is available !
Attachments
Slappysquirrel.jpg
Attitude ? What Attitude ??
Slappysquirrel.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 9747 times

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:06 am

This calls to mind the time when my son pointed out to Dale at Goofy's Kitchen that rodents carry Rabies. Dale promptly "bit" him. :rocker:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 am

So, you must have gotten rich from the lawsuit.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Naaah. My Lawyer said that we would lose since we went back to DLR after that, assuming the risk. I think I would do better to claim that my Disney Pin Addiction is a disability that I could receive benefits for........ :lol:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:37 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Naaah. My Lawyer said that we would lose since we went back to DLR after that, assuming the risk. I think I would do better to claim that my Disney Pin Addiction is a disability that I could receive benefits for........ :lol:
You've got so many so you might be able to claim a bad back from the weight.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Ok, so weird question. Small story first. We were there in March and my twin daughters and I were in line for mermaid. There was an "older" gentlemen with a vest that had every, I mean every, Ariel pin known to man on it. He also had a ziplock with a bunch of Ariel pins that he would give to little kids that talked to him. Is he a regular? Is there a story behind him and his "hobby"? Just curious.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Ok, so weird question. Small story first. We were there in March and my twin daughters and I were in line for mermaid. There was an "older" gentlemen with a vest that had every, I mean every, Ariel pin known to man on it. He also had a ziplock with a bunch of Ariel pins that he would give to little kids that talked to him. Is he a regular? Is there a story behind him and his "hobby"? Just curious.
Haven't met him yet, will keep my eyes open. Maybe one of our CMs here knows him? Lots of neat people display their pins on a vest. One gentleman said that anyone could trade pins with him for whatever was on his.