$119,999,99 Will Buy You...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

$119,999,99 Will Buy You...

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:53 pm

... a Samsung 105-inch TV. But, forget about the TV. Scroll down and read the customer reviews.

"I was able to purchase this amazing television with an FHA loan (30 year fixed-rate w/ 4.25% APR) and only 3.5% down. This is, hands down, the best decision I've ever made. And the box it came in is incredibly roomy too, which is a huge bonus, because I live in it now."

"Unit seems nice but since I am only using an old Atari game system hooked up to TV thru coaxial input, the picture is a little blurry.
Did not buy from Amazon, but from a nice gentleman in Nigeria. He is letting my 16 year daughter stay with him until I finish paying my shipping charges off.

Ice Maker on side of TV works rather nicely. Small cubes are perfectly shaped."

"I found a dead pixel, trying to RMA."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: $119,999,99 Will Buy You...

Post by ktulu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

I like this one:

Picked up one these little beauties this morning, with only 1 issue. 50 bucks for the mini wall mount speakers that accompany it? Does it look like I'm made of money, Samsung?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Reminds me of the Weird Al song, "Frank's 2000 TV. " :biggrin:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am

Hobie,

I was sad to see that it could not be shipped to your house. Look on the bright side, at 407 pounds, no one would notice the cocaine and meth you could slip in there to pay for the tv and the third party shipping costs.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:06 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Hobie,

I was sad to see that it could not be shipped to your house. Look on the bright side, at 407 pounds, no one would notice the cocaine and meth you could slip in there to pay for the tv and the third party shipping costs.
Not sure about the coke but I believe we've got enough mobile meth labs that set up in the cane fields to meet current and future demand.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:04 am

The Q & A section is what got me. There was this gem:

I'm debating getting the 85" or the 105". Is the extra 20 inches worth the extra $80k? 19 days ago

thats what she said

19 days ago by Unka Dave

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:47 pm

C. Meinerding's made me laugh out loud:
I don't really watch television but I like a little background noise and light while I sleep. Does the job!
however, someone else complained,
You are not very good at shopping.
Meinerding was up to the challenge:
Your comment depresses me. To cheer myself up, I'm going to use my favorite aromatherapy: 100 white truffles blended with Cristal and simmered in a saucepan for five minutes before flushing down the toilet. Usually does the trick!