Just Because...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Just Because...

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Zazu wrote:
Zazu wrote:
hobie16 wrote:I could have picked up a brand new Shelby 427 Cobra off the showroom floor for $7000 in '66. Today's price for a real one is in the million$.
Good thing you didn't. As someone said after a test drive, "I hadn't even put it in gear and it was killing people!!!"
:car:

Oh come on, people. He's been all over the news lately. Do *none* of you recognize this quote? Are none of you able to pick up on a straight line like that?
I do... Mr. Cosby had that in one of his stories years ago. I guess we cannot mention Bill any more since he has been tried and convicted in the world of public opinion and media frenzy. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but, to have waited this many years before coming out with this is cause for wonder.

Just as a side note, my X wife accused her brother of something similar and from all we can gather it never really happened at all. It was a product of her mental illness. I don't know... I just wonder and am concerned how many have just plain decided that, if they say so, it most be so. I think we do have a judicial system in this country. If he did do all the stuff that has been brought out, then his reputation should be ruined, however, it's one word against the other for now.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Zazu wrote:
Zazu wrote:
hobie16 wrote:I could have picked up a brand new Shelby 427 Cobra off the showroom floor for $7000 in '66. Today's price for a real one is in the million$.
Good thing you didn't. As someone said after a test drive, "I hadn't even put it in gear and it was killing people!!!"
:car:

Oh come on, people. He's been all over the news lately. Do *none* of you recognize this quote? Are none of you able to pick up on a straight line like that?
Probably Bill Cosby. Carroll Shelby built a personal 427 Cobra (Super Snake) that was rated at 800 HP. Cosby saw it and wanted one so Shelby built a second one. Cosby took one drive, pooped his pants and sent it back to the dealer. The next owner destroyed the Super Snake by driving over a cliff and into the Pacific Ocean; he died from his injuries a few days later.

Cosby also added the car to his act. In it he said that the car was so powerful and hard to control that it would be lethal to the driver, Cosby decided to return it, saying, "Take the keys and this car, it's all paid for, and you give it to George Wallace." Wallace was a well-known pro-segregationist, and was running for President at the time.

This one only has 600 HP.

[video][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm

I had a buddy with an upholstery shop. He worked on a lot of hot rods because he had a couple and all the car show guys around here knew his work. A guy brought his 650 hp shelby in to have the seat done and the kid working for my buddy couldn't get it in the shop because of the power. He would either kill it or roast the tires and shut it down when he let out the clutch. It was entertaining for the 2-3 minutes m buddy let him try. Then he figured the kid was going to die, or crash the car (at which point the owner may have killed the kid) so he jumped in and pulled it in the shop.

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Wombat.jpg
Wombat.jpg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 6919 times

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 am

Of course we do. :biggrin:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:37 pm

This guy belongs in the Tiki Room.

[video][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:45 pm

You know that Disney commercial, "For the First Time in Forever?" I think they did a great job on the voices. By the way, I remember there was an SGTer who had the Yeti as his avatar, with the words "Fix me". Has the Yeti been fixed yet? By the way, do Hans, Otto and Fritz still scale the Matterhorn, or is that long gone?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:47 pm

DisneyMom will be unavailable for 24 hours.

[video][/video]

--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Make that 48 hours.

[video][/video]

--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:19 am

They look like Zombie Ducklings, going after that unsuspecting kitten .....muahaha!