Just Because...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Just Because...

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:57 am

hobie16 wrote:Venezuelan Poodle Moth

That is really adorable, but I suspect it has large fangs underneath those big eyes.....
I admit the only thing I know about Venezuela is that they seem to have a bunch of Skinny Models. Probably from the Poodle Moth sucking out their blood......

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 am

Reminds me of a classic line from a movie- (said in a British accent) "What's he going to do, nibble your bum?"

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:34 pm

[video][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:48 pm

I can't wait to see what prosthetics will be in the next decade. The fact that the technology exists to help a dog like this is nothing short of incredible. What a fantastic story.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:02 am

3D internal organs are in the works I hear, so exciting! Now Derby can chase the mailman :biggrin:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:56 am

When I first got my cat Tripod back in 1991, I thought of getting or making some kind of prothesis for her congenital missing left foreleg. But then I thought, I don't have money for it, I really don't know how to go about making one, I'd have to make new ones for her as she grew anyway, and since I figured she was 6 weeks old when I got her, and she'd been doing fine for that time with only 3 legs, I thought why bother? She was the most determined, smartest cat and a wonderful companion to me for 19 years; she's been gone for 4 1/2 years now, and I still miss her, even though her ashes are on my nightstand.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:40 pm

felinefan wrote:When I first got my cat Tripod back in 1991, I thought of getting or making some kind of prothesis for her congenital missing left foreleg. But then I thought, I don't have money for it, I really don't know how to go about making one, I'd have to make new ones for her as she grew anyway, and since I figured she was 6 weeks old when I got her, and she'd been doing fine for that time with only 3 legs, I thought why bother? She was the most determined, smartest cat and a wonderful companion to me for 19 years; she's been gone for 4 1/2 years now, and I still miss her, even though her ashes are on my nightstand.
And here I thought all this time that the cat got her name because of her love of photography. :-)

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:44 pm

I was asked that a couple of times, actually! There used to be her picture on here, but the last system crash erased it. I would love to be able to post her best picture, which shows her true colors--dilute torbie--but when I tried to get someone at Target to scan it, they tried to remove the protective cover on the photo, which would've ruined it and I can't find the negative of that picture anymore. I have photocopied it, and it comes out fine. I don't have a scanner, and I had been trying to get the photo scanned so I could have a negative made.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:06 pm

felinefan wrote:I was asked that a couple of times, actually! There used to be her picture on here, but the last system crash erased it. I would love to be able to post her best picture, which shows her true colors--dilute torbie--but when I tried to get someone at Target to scan it, they tried to remove the protective cover on the photo, which would've ruined it and I can't find the negative of that picture anymore. I have photocopied it, and it comes out fine. I don't have a scanner, and I had been trying to get the photo scanned so I could have a negative made.

I still have the file that you sent me FelineFan !

If you PM me your email address I can send it back to you.
Tripod A larger.jpg
Tripod A larger.jpg (196.79 KiB) Viewed 6538 times
[
Last edited by Zazu on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken code

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks, Delsdad! A PM is on its way!