A Disney Idea

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

A Disney Idea

Post by drcorey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 pm

If Tiana is such a great cook, why not give her a restaurant?
serve southern style from that era with a modern twist.
course both the America orleans areas are kind of full.
so I don't know where they would put it.
giving rat boy a restaurant was easy cause he was French.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Re: A Disney Idea

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 pm

When the movie first came out, Tiana made appearances at the French Market Restaurant in Disneyland's New Orleans Square. I presume since the movie didn't do well they decided not to go farther with that.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: A Disney Idea

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 am

I rather enjoyed the movie, myself. I wouldn't have thought of including Tiana's Place as a new restaurant, but it seems like it would be a good fit, should they find a place for it.