I'm thinking he's an Entertainment CM.

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

I'm thinking he's an Entertainment CM.

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 27, 2014 1:38 am

Too much production value to just be a guy who asked. But I could be wrong.

[video][/video]

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: I'm thinking he's an Entertainment CM.

Post by BRWombat » Tue May 27, 2014 10:51 am

Yeah, that's been out for a while and caused a lot of discussion when it first showed up. According to this and this, it is completely staged and not a real engagement. Still fun, though.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Thu May 29, 2014 12:19 am

Yeah, nice propaganda. :lol:

We had a real one on Main Street the other day. He did not even get on one knee! :beg:

She said yes though as her girlfriend took pics. Over in a blink, and no one noticed! OK, we noticed her three obnoxious friends trying to make a big deal of it as they took pics. :hysterical:

mapo

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I remember one time, there was a couple that were proposing, and the boyfriend didn't want his fiancee to know where the were until they were at the castle. When they took her by Monorail over to MK from TTC, she was blindfolded, I understand with foam earplugs and headphones playing loud music... A state in which she had been for the entire flight down (and I assume after going through security at their home airport. I assume the manager got her through the turnstiles without using her knowing it was a turnstile.

What a task, but I understand it was successful.

I have to admit, if I was a manager at Disney, those would be the moments I would look forward to everyday. Oh, and I would replace CDS with Excel... But that ship sailed long ago.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:46 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I have to admit, if I was a manager at Disney, those would be the moments I would look forward to everyday.
Those are the moments I already look forward to.
Oh, and I would replace CDS with Excel... But that ship sailed long ago.
Forget Excel. I'd just add timeclocks to the work locations. No clock, no pay; and too many no-clocks or late-clocks, and they set your clock forward ... by rebooting.
:bigfoot:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Zazu wrote:... and they set your clock forward ... by rebooting.
:bigfoot:
Sounds more like an ABEND.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:51 am

hobie16 wrote:Sounds more like an ABEND.
I remember the first time I heard "ABEND". I thought it meant that one of the Hollerith cards had gotten folded! :old: