Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS - #1 of 2! I'm back from an amazing adventure across the pond with the Vocal Majority! Time to sort out the results from my fake visit to the U.K. First, the Honorable Mentions: darph nader: "My GPS just totally freaked out."; Alan AJ Irby: "What happens when the little voice inside your head spills coffee on the keyboard."; Bret Morris: "This is what comes out when Brad forgets his lyrics while singing. It is way more interesting than 'watermelon.'"; DisneyMom: "Bibbidi-Bobbidy-Boo???"; and bookbabe: "Wombat suddenly realized that asking directions from a man who was in the middle of a sneezing fit might have caused a slight detour in his travels."

And the first winning entry for this two-week contest is ktulu, his fourth win in 2015 and his 15th overall! Congratulations, ktulu!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 29, 2015 11:21 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS - #2 of 2! I'm back from an amazing adventure across the pond with the Vocal Majority! Time to sort out the results from my fake visit to the U.K. First, the Honorable Mentions: darph nader: "I'll never trust Shatner again. Granted, I did want a queen-sized bed."; PatchOBlack: "Unfortunately, Wombat misunderstood what it means to be a 'guest in the London Tower.'"; Doug Lewis: "Though not the most beloved royal newborn, 'Wombat' was certainly the largest."; ktulu: "Hollywood, again showing they are out of ideas, reboots King Ralph."; Cory Church: "Excuse me, is this the line to the throne?"; and CS-Gail Randall: "Charles, exactly what does 'Sic 'em, Bears' mean?"

And Alan AJ Irby wins yet again, his fourth win in 2015 and his 19th overall! Congratulations, A.J.!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:02 pm

CAPTION CONTEST for JUNE 5! So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Wombat, I traveled with the Khaleesi. I knew the Khaleesi. The Khaleesi was a friend of mine. Wombat, you're no Khaleesi!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Upon realizing the park was a "stoop and scoop" zone, Wombat began the hunt for a REALLY big plastic bag.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for JUNE 5! So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize this week, just the glory of winning!

Wombat was willing to try 'anything' to dry up his lawn after last weeks weather fiasco.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 am

"Wombat thought he could train Lasolimu to eat the Vocal Majority's competition, but the movie lied. Dragons cannot be trained."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! It's dragon time! First, the Honorable Mentions: Alan AJ Irby: "Little known fact that the Welsh spelling for 'Khaleesi' is actually 'W-o-m-b-a-t.'"; Doug Lewis: "Wombat seems a little smug whenever he tells everyone about his 'rescue dragon.'"; darph nader: "Honey, I swear it wasn't this big when I snuck it in my luggage."; Tony Stafford: "They did actually decide to do another sequel: 'How to Train Your Wombat.'"; Larry Lozuk: "And then a young woman with long, silvery hair said, 'Hey, can you hold this while I go inside and use the bathroom?'"; Larry E Collins: "Honest, Mom, it just followed me home from Wales. Can I keep it?"; and Scott Stogius Maximus Lewis: "Wombat gently leads his wife to her first cup of coffee."

And the top caption this week is from my VM brother Lance Neill, his first win ever! Congratulations, Lance!

Thanks to all who entered! New fake picture coming on Monday!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:08 am

CAPTION CONTEST for JUNE 12! No, I haven't actually traveled to Paris - some ideas just come to me in the middle of the night. So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:39 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for JUNE 12! No, I haven't actually traveled to Paris - some ideas just come to me in the middle of the night. So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

Folks,,,,,,,,,,This is what happens when your kids steal your paints,,,,,,and replace them with crayons. :oweye: