Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Would y'all like in on this? Those of you who've friended me on Facebook know I've recently started a weekly caption contest just for fun. I insert myself into doctored photograph and post it at the beginning of the week on Facebook and my World of Wombat blog, and you can suggest a caption in the comments. I then repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (No prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen, sorry.)

I know we have plenty of funny and creative people here, so feel free to click through the links above to suggest a caption!*

Here's this week's doctored photo:
Have fun!

* I don't conceal my identity here, but if that's a concern for you, you can always post anonymously on the blog site rather than friend me on FB.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Caption contest

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

BRWombat wrote:Would y'all like in on this? Those of you who've friended me on Facebook know I've recently started a weekly caption contest just for fun. I insert myself into doctored photograph and post it at the beginning of the week on Facebook and my World of Wombat blog, and you can suggest a caption in the comments. I then repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. (No prizes, other than the glory/infamy of being chosen, sorry.)

I know we have plenty of funny and creative people here, so feel free to click through the links above to suggest a caption!*

Here's this week's doctored photo:
Have fun!

* I don't conceal my identity here, but if that's a concern for you, you can always post anonymously on the blog site rather than friend me on FB.
(guy on the left.) "Hi,I'm Lance Armstrong. Whatcha you got in that cup"?

(guy on the right.) "Only apple juice..............go away.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am

Guy on the left: "... Bro-hoof?"

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am

MoL (Man on Left): "Hey, I know you! You're Leonard Maltin!"
MoR (figure it out): "Go away. Audiences deserve better."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:36 pm

You're all twisted. Exactly why I feel at home here. :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am

This week's entry:

Submit captions at Facebook or The World of Wombat!

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

"Smile for the strange Muggle box!"

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 am

I've been neglecting to post the new contest here each week -- sorry! I especially can't believe I didn't put last week's Disney-themed entry, but congrats to Ktulu for his winning caption:

Now here's this week's picture, in honor of President's Day. How would you caption it?

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Could someone get a jack hammer and remove the growth from the side of my head?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:18 pm

BRWombat wrote:I've been neglecting to post the new contest here each week -- sorry! I especially can't believe I didn't put last week's Disney-themed entry, but congrats to Ktulu for his winning caption:

Now here's this week's picture, in honor of President's Day. How would you caption it?
Oh, no! The aliens are back tagging national monuments again!