Caption contest

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Caption contest

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 am

CAPTION CONTEST for August 12 - OLYMPICS EDITION, suggested by Tom Wilson! I can't be the only one who think the Olympic venues look like they haven't finished filming the special effects, right? So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:35 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for August 12 - OLYMPICS EDITION, suggested by Tom Wilson! I can't be the only one who think the Olympic venues look like they haven't finished filming the special effects, right? So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The same pic will show here, on Facebook, and on The World of Wombat. I'll repost the pic with my favorite caption on Friday. No prize, just the glory of winning!

Green is the new Orange. (or is it black?) :rolleyes:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:23 am

When Wombat volunteered to help with the golf event, he didn't realize it was indoor golf ... or that his job was to play the target!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:58 pm

"Wombat was excited for his big screen debut, but didn't bother to look at what the role was."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 am

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Too many funny ones this week -- very hard to narrow down to a handful. Here are your Honorable Mentions: Rick Bivins: "After a wild night with the Irish Women's ping pong team, Wombat realizes that Ping Pong Pox is contagious."; ktulu: "No athletes were filmed in the making of this video game. Seriously."; Alan AJ Irby: "Andy Serkis' title as the king of CGI motion capture acting remains unthreatened."; two from Scott Lewis: "Motion capture requires motion. Thus, the sedentary Wombat made for a poor CGI experience."; and "Wombat tries to lure out Pokemon by hiding on a green background with strategically placed marshmallows."; darph nader: "No one told Brad auditions for the Teletubbies ended years ago."; and Kelly Zink: "Thanks to green screen technology, Wombat could sneak up on unsuspecting Zika mosquitoes and capture them in Zikaballs. Gotta catch 'em all!"

And this week's winner is, once again, from ktulu, his third win this year and twenty-first overall! (One more and you tie Michael Phelps!) Congratulations, ktulu!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming… sometime!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:01 am

CAPTION CONTEST for August 26 - POKEMON GO EDITION! So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:02 pm

BRWombat wrote:CAPTION CONTEST for August 26 - POKEMON GO EDITION! So how would you caption this picture? Comment below!

The new GPS app had some bugs to be worked out. :confused:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:28 pm

CAPTION CONTEST RESULTS! Hmm… only seventeen caption entries this week, possibly an all-time low. Never know quite what will tickle your funny bone. Here are your Honorable Mentions: darph nader: "Pro Pokemon closed course. Do not attempt."; Lynn A Ewing: "Wombachoo, I pick you!"; Purpura: "This Pokemon is found either singing or studying law books...Or talking to judges in Latin."; Kathrine Ricks Seale: "Famous last moments..."; Scott Lewis: "The Tabmow is most likely found chasing ambulances."; and Alan AJ Irby: "Wombat's CGI motion capture data from the Olympics was hacked. No one knows where it ended up. Meanwhile, the world goes crazy for the secret new Pokemon fans are calling the Green Wombat!"

And this week's winner is acclaimed author and filmmaker (doesn't it feel good to be called that?) Wayne Franklin, his first win this year and second overall! Congratulations, Wayne!

Thanks to all who entered! New pic coming… sometime!